Gann is the Man Indicators - page 10

Some examples can be found in the tutorial section in the A-B-C-D thread.

GannBox_144 for XAU_USD (Gold CFD) = Page 205, updated in posts #2039, #2047, #2053

GannBox_144 for SPX500 (S&P 500 CFD) = Page 205 post #2046.

Link to page 205:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/198355/page205

If you need to look up a specific subject, use the "Search This Thread" function. Type in key words such as GannBox_144 or GannBox.

If we post indicators or templates, we have started to use the title "FOR DOWNLOAD". Use that as key word in search.

fxbaja:
Here are a couple of interesting indicators from W.D. Gann (aren't they all?), as well as a link to his bio. W.D Gann Methods , Time and Price & Trading Experts *** Gann also studied and applied astrology to trading. Therefore, also included are a couple of astro indicators that wasn't available for MT4 until recently. *** Does not repaint as far as we can tell. Should use with trend indicator, and have exit strategy.

Dear Fxbaja,

Can you load the template in your first post? All there are only .mq4, I realise one is meant to be a template, probably the one ending in .tpl.mq4 but it does not work as a template anyway. Thx!

Here is correct file.

Files:
pama_gann.tpl  17 kb

hi fxbaja,

i loaded the template and indicator you posted on first. can you explain where i can see trend for buy or sell. i use 15 min frame.

Thanks

forexnewbie:
hi fxbaja,i loaded the template and indicator you posted on first. can you explain where i can see trend for buy or sell. i use 15 min frame.Thanks

Attached is pic of 1-hour EUR/USD with PamaGann indicator, with grids turned on (as in template). We changed the green color trend line to yellow color for easier viewing.

The breakout of trend lines red and yellow is the Sell/Buy signals. You should be able to see the arrow generated by the indicator.

The grid can repaint, but the trend lines won't.

Also attached is indicator Trend Catcher, which is RSI set on 4-period. It has alert/alarm when it crosses 50-line to denote Buy/Sell and trend.

Just be aware that our belief with trend-based systems is that you will often enter late. Recommend combine with other support and resistance (S&R), such as fibs and/or PSQ9, which are covered in A-B-C-D thread:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/198355/page227

fxbaja:
Hello,After attaching indicator to chart, click "charts". Then click "Indicators List", and click "inputs" tab.
SQ9 (Price)
1) Must input start price. This is a price that is a significant high or low. 2) Input true or false for Direction_Up that you want lines drawn.This will produce horizontal lines price. One color is 45-degree levels and other is 22.5-degree levels.SQ9 (Time)In the input tab, must change "Start Time". Input the start date and time for the significant high or low.Start Price = high or low price for the same candle you used for Start Time.NumberOfProjections = number of lines you want going into the future.Square_______ = input true to period you are using, hours, days, etc. Everything else must be set to false.

So, multiple of 45degree levels is stronger than 22.5degree levels?

Also as mentioned price input should be "significant high or low" 4hr or daily?

fxbaja:
The last example did not use Gann's Square of Nine, except noting the 81st day after low was indeed a significant pivot. Here is a Square of Nine free calculator at this site, which I do not have any connection with, nor do I endorse whatever it is selling: https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://www.xmlworks.com/gann/javascript/ The calculator has 3 inputs: Start Number - I used 13000, eliminating the decimal on EUR/USD price. Start Date - I used 11/30/2010 Levels - I used 10. Out spits a Gann Wheel with squared numbers AND dates highlighted in yellow. Play with the decimal point.

Hi Fxbaja,

i'm studying Gann in my free time and is very interesting.

now i.m do some test with your site indicated above but there is something strange, there are two same date, is possible (see attach)? i think is a software bug, what do you say?

many thanks for all you know about Gann and share with us.

Files:
square9.jpg  622 kb

doubleR85:
So, multiple of 45degree levels is stronger than 22.5degree levels?Also as mentioned price input should be "significant high or low" 4hr or daily?

The SQ9(Price) can only plot to 720-degrees, so there are limitations, which require eventual re-plot.

If you read the examples using this tool, by employing the "search this thread function" in the ABCD thread, you'll see that it can be used as low as the 15-min time-frame.

How many examples of this have you actually read?

Please be informed that we can not be anyone's personal tutor. You get more out of this if you read A LOT.

You need to study the price interaction with the S&R generated by the indicator plot.

fxbaja:
The SQ9(Price) can only plot to 720-degrees, so there are limitations, which require eventual re-plot. If you read the examples using this tool, by employing the "search this thread function" in the ABCD thread, you'll see that it can be used as low as the 15-min time-frame. How many examples of this have you actually read? Please be informed that we can not be anyone's personal tutor. You get more out of this if you read A LOT. You need to study the price interaction with the S&R generated by the indicator plot.

I've gone over this thread a couple of times.. I am actually not using SQ9(Price) because of the limitation you've mention. But instead I'm using another version. Take a look! This plots multiples of 90 degrees. Works like a charm!

Files:
uk4.gif  21 kb

If that works for you that's great. The SQ9(Price) makes that same plot. It just doesn't have the ability to zero out colors and only have the 90-degree intervals remaining.

The examples of the SQ9(Price) applications are not in this thread. They are in the ABCD thread.

Anyway, to answer your original question, there is no right or wrong chart time-frame to use this kind of indicator. Depends if trader is day trading or swing trading, etc.

Selecting a particular swing direction for plot also depends on what the trader wants to do, i.e. buy on pullback.

Files:
Reason: