Vegas Is Back - New Algorithm - page 2

therealvegas:
Sometime in the next day or so I will post on my homepage the *.mq4 files for gold [XAUUSD] and silver [XAGUSD]. I know some of you like to trade precious metals, and these will be the appropriate files to put into the MT4 platform. Check sometime on Monday or Tuesday and they will be there for you to download. -vegas

Great news! I love XAU/USD!!! Waiting... :-)))

I have uploaded to my blog site the mq4 files for gold and silver, and you can download them now. They are as follows:

Vegas Gold STA Long.mq4

Vegas Gold STA Short.mq4

Vegas Silver STA Long.mq4

Vegas Silver STA Short.mq4

Right now, the risk models are as follows:

Gold: RM = 3

Silver: RM = 3

The following are the Fibonacci numbers for each Risk Model number:

Gold

RM 1 = $8.90

RM 2 = $14.40

RM 3 = $23.30

RM 4 = $37.70

Silver

RM 1 = $0.21

RM 2 = $0.34

RM 3 = $0.55

RM 4 = $0.89

Just a reminder, for the precious metals nothing changes for the 4 Hour chart.

Let me know if you have any questions. Enjoy everybody.

-vegas

Thanks for the files. But is the gold appropriate for scalping. My broker uses 60 pip spread...

sukui:
Thanks for the files. But is the gold appropriate for scalping. My broker uses 60 pip spread...

Off course it is a question!! :-)

sukui:
Off course it is a question!! :-)

Suki,

Yes, with the ranges above $15 per day in gold and 30 cents in silver, even the somewhat wider spreads allow for good trades. Once you see with the algorithm up on your screen, you'll see what I mean.

-vegas

Thanks Vegas for your system!

I'd like to ask you if arrows will appear on the 5M charts or they are only for information purpose on your trading manual?

therealvegas:
Suki,Yes, with the ranges above $15 per day in gold and 30 cents in silver, even the somewhat wider spreads allow for good trades. Once you see with the algorithm up on your screen, you'll see what I mean.-vegas

Sorry, but I can't see what you mean. As I see the aqua line with RM3 = 23.3 $ is very far from the price and I can't imagne that it would be the exit trigger because the PSAR dots or the crossing back will make me exit earlier.

And for scalping I don't see how I can use XAU even with the algorythm.

Perheps I miss something... :-)

PSAR dots are not used in the usual way. The dots are 1 of 3 possible exit points. The aqua lines are also 1 of 3 possible exit points. You need to go to Vegas's blog and download the file and read the guide.

thx,

todd

frida:
Thanks Vegas for your system!I'd like to ask you if arrows will appear on the 5M charts or they are only for information purpose on your trading manual?

Frida,

I put the arrows in manually so it would be easy for readers to spot. Same with the examples on the other forum.

-vegas

Thanks for respond. I've tried system yesterday (Euro session - E/U), made 18 pips, exit at 1.3800. I'd like to ask you which pairs do you recomend to trade with your system? I live Downunder and I don't trade USA session. So only Assian and Euro left, Assian is hard to trade (as you said). And another Q is: E/U, G/U and A/U are in some sort of retracement on 4H charts - going up lately - do you trade only short on those pairs or do you swich to long? I've read rules, I'm just curious what you are doing at such times.

Reason: