big ben meet little ben

bossxero was talking about the big ben trading system today.... personally it was not familar to me..... doing a quick google search for big ben accrete pdf will yield a pdf containing the rules but not much in the way of an ea that is coded in my style.....

had a couple spare minutes this evening so figured i'd pound one out..... included below is 'little ben'.....

the ea allows to set the look back period by adjusting the "length" setting.....

the 'presetbuyhour' and 'presetsellhour' will set your hours to place the orders...

the orders are the stop type and the settings are 'buypips' and 'sellpips'....

the 'delay' sets the expiration for unfilled orders.... 8 will kill all unfilled orders in 8 hours....

standard lots, stoploss, profittarget and such....

the 'account' setting is for your account number, live or demo....

'maxlongs' and 'maxshorts' are just to allow for multiple trades....

don't worry about the 'minute' setting....

you'll need the include 'orderreliable'..... or you can just remove the term 'reliable' every place it appears.....

while the strategy is based on the gbpusd, it works perfect on the eurusd also....

for me, it has always paid best to trade with the real trend.... so the 'allowlongs' and 'allowshorts' allows you to trade long only, short only or both......

there is no provision in the ea for trend determination but it could be added easily enough...... and should be.....

and again , a quick google search for big ben accrete pdf will yield a pdf containing the rules ......h

Files:

Hey Man...

That was a real quick one.... awesome... let me test it

It compiled for me.. However, there seems to be a bug. The pending sell was put as it should(10 pips under price) but the pending buy was put almost 55pips above price while in the settings, its the same as the sell, which is 10 pips. Please check it hayseed. By the way, I have a good video on the bigben, if u want it, pm me ur email.

hey oilxpro..... just uploaded the include 'orderreliable' and placed it in the first post..... h

for those not familar includes or ordereliable, you can do a google search and get tons of info..... the use of 'orderreliable' is not mandatory, and most ea's written and posted on the web do not use it..... if you prefer not to use it, remove the term 'reliable' every where it occurs..... if you do use 'orderreliable' and still have errors, check your 'orderreliable' name.... there are dozens of versions, and you might have orderreliable v1.2.3,1 9 or something......

hey bossxero..... not sure why the error.... i tested it on quite a few pairs with no noticed troubles ..... will look at it again.....h

and for anyone interested in breakout strategies, they will almost always work best when you trade heavy with the trend and trade lighty, if at all, against the trend...... in other words, this year the usdcad been in an obvious downtrend and the eurusd has been in an obvious uptrend......

it's almost human nature to want to trade against the trend and i have the losses to prove it...... ......h

Files:
little_ben.gif  68 kb

hey oilxpro..... yes i have, yes we could and yes we should .....

my preference for filters is to the use of standard type indicators, ie not the fast very responsive jurik types..... the jurik types are excellent in their own right but prove too responsive for filters, for me....

for filter selection , once a system that profits going 'long only' on the eurusd this year, i then take those settings and see what it does by going 'long only' on the usdcad this year..... obviously it should loose terribly....

then i create filters using moving averages, rsi , dpo , aroon and such to lower the losses to a practical amount.....

once that is done , i run the system 'short only' on the eurusd ..... which of course should loose terribly..... using the same filter creation as above, i will eventually get to a system that trades only with the trend or very lightly against the trend.....

you can then combine everything into 1 ea and it should evalulate the pairs and then select the best pair to go short and the best pair to go long....

that's one reason for the seperate buyhours and sellhours..... the buyhours might be based on the london market eurusd, and the sellhours might be based on the newyork market usdcad and so on..... likewise the usdjpj might have different hours.......

with all the pairs available to us , we might do better just selecting the cream of the trending crop...... the ea , properly coded, can make that determination for us.....h

here's a couple charts with the winning trades still on.... but 3 longs were stopped out.... so obviously they are not seen....

one is standard one is mini, that shouldn't matter.....

attached to the charts are the major market hours indicator, so to compare the price action to the markets that are open or either not open at the time.... remember the original big ben creator ,not me, mentioned we should place our trades in relation to the spread prior to the london open.....

also attached, is a indicator to manually calculate the breakouts......the blue and red horizontal bars at about 2300 chart server time..... the time zone is adjustable and also pips for entry.... if you set pips at 5, the lines are drawn at 5pips above the highest high and 5pips below the lowest low , if set at 10 the lines are drawn 10 pips above, and so on.... the time zone is important for times we we might want to trade another market opening, maybe audusd on the sydney opening....

couple other indicators , macd, 100 moving average channel, stoch bars, hienken ashi in various forms, satl painted and such..... those indicators are not used by the big ben rules.....

my trades here were placed manually..... just so we all can see , i'll let them ride and just trade against them when the market swings against them..... and place more every day occording to the big ben rules..... both are live accounts so all trades will be closed if eurusd moves heavy against them......

and above all, remember 3 long trades were stopped out at 20 pip stoploss....h

I know this thread is very old, but could someone please let me know if there is an Indicator for BigBen somewhere or post here if you have one?

Thanks

Wayne

Reason: