Brokers

I want to complain a bit about oanda. The non farm payroll is coming up and they have a message saying that because of the holiday the spread for the GBP/USD will be at least 30 pips. Come on.

Wow that's just insane! sound like they're at the other side of your trade. My interpretation: "Predictability of Employment Situation is fairly accurate, so we are going to charge you 30 pips before hand. If you disagree, go screw other brokers, not us!"

Yes I remember when I first started it was great. Now it is very difficult. you have to buy when it retraces and the spread decreases it does happen. You have a 5 second window of opportunity when it retraces back to the top and then at the same time the spread goes down you have 5 seconds to place your order before it goes back down. But the initial move is hogged by the big boys. I was looking at opening up an account with Interactive Brokers they just charge a commision so they don't trade against you is that right?

That's nothing I saw 200 pip spread on GBP?USD @ Oanda during NFP awhile back...As matter of fact someone actually got it on video and posted on youtube.com . A lot of people were caught up into it.

They eventually fixed it....but I decided to take off. Stay away from them.

barosan01:
That's nothing I saw 200 pip spread on GBP?USD @ Oanda during NFP awhile back...As matter of fact someone actually got it on video and posted on youtube.com . A lot of people were caught up into it.They eventually fixed it....but I decided to take off. Stay away from them.

i saw this video, thanks very interesting

You saw the video but I had an open position and actually got stopped out because of the spread. It was during the NFP. The market moved in my favor after the spread took out my stop so I was a bit upset. In Oandas defence they fixed everything and did fill my take profit order when everything was corrected.I still trade with them. I am looking at the broker someone suggested in this thread but before I switch I want to be able to trust the broker. Which means I have to do some research.

Some time before I received many SPAM-Emails which supposed I should sign up at etoro and trade with them. I told the customer support concerning the spam mails and sent them all information I could get up out of this SPAM-Mails, but I by no means received any response. Yet if these Emails were not sent by a bigwig of the etoro staff, they must be supposed to take such criticism more severely. I don't wait for them to respond the next day, but each corporation who is troubled about customers and not just concerning getting their money should be able to act in response.

There are so many brokers now we just have to go to the good ones. One I was looking at was loyalforex.com I still trade with Oanda but I bought some EA's so I need a broker that uses the MT4 platform. As soon as more good ECN brokers come online the bad ones will vanish. Oanda is Ok. I wonder what they are going to do now that so many traders demand MT4. I am sure they are losing business. An ECN broker that uses MT4 I am trying now is Fxcbs. I will post something after I am with them for a few months.

A good broker will always keep his investor's best interest at heart and work towards getting him a handsome profit.

I believe interactive brokers allows for this, but I don't have the money for it. I'm looking for a broker that gives access to the American exchanges as well as the major foreign exchanges, such as the London or other European exchanges. I do understand that I can purchase international mutual funds, but I want to invest in international stocks individually. Thanks!

Reason: