Trading skills - page 2

I mean trading on ECN must be a totally different deal. Is not the same losing or gaining money on a micro or mini account? I guess ECN can turn you into a more emotional trader, so I guess I rather to keep practicing on my demo and maybe I'll be sharing my experience in the future with ECN. lol

Hello there guys, I've seen lately a lot of posts talking about this ECN you're talking about and you seem to have quite knowledge about this. So would you mind explaining this to me?

Cuttie Annie:
Hello there guys, I've seen lately a lot of posts talking about this ECN you're talking about and you seem to have quite knowledge about this. So would you mind explaining this to me?

Hey cuttie, well it is basically a trading system that eliminates the third party on a trade, so you can trade directly with other traders. It is supposedly focused to eliminate manipulation by brokers and of course we are talking here about big bucks.

Wow that seems to be very interesting, so there are no brokers at all in that ECN trading system. Well it seems this type of trading has an advantage, I imagine no spreads are handled in this type of trading. I would like to know, if there are no brokers, how do you open a live account and what platform is used for this.

If you say that eliminates the third party on the trading I guess that eliminates the spread too which is what the brokers keep. Is that possible?

Hey guys, that ECN sounds really interesting I was looking for info about it but I just found definitions, so I´m wondering if there is a specific web site where to find the network to communicate with the brokers?. Do you know about one?... Thks for any info..

Basically the execution takes place by sending the order directly to the market, bid/ask and lot size is placed on a level form. Is up to the banks to take the trade. The spread is like a commission to enter or exit a trade. You can check some ECN's like interactive broker, MBT, currenex and Hotspot.

What is a third party, I mean I thought those were the brokers, but if you say that there are also brokers on this ECN trading way, then what are actually this so called third parties?

for me, this may be a good Idea. Anyway, I wouldn’t need this kind of helps because usually I keep in touch with my broker, then I get great and instantly advices from there. I don’t know if a trader (doesn’t matter how far he is) and me took the same decision, or if we made a particular strategy, it’d really affect a pair making us get some profits. If some of you have some advices about this, it’d be great.

ECN are a really good idea if you are planning to invest a big amount of money, in that way you avoid deductions from your money. It's just between you and other traders. Though I know what you mean about the importance of having a good help desk from your broker, to clarify any questions and to get immediate support and that's what I get with Tradeview which is my current broker, but when it comes to an ECN remember we are talking about big bucks. Happy holydays.

Reason: