Stochastic OBOS alert [Coded]

Hello,

I am looking for a stochastic alert that will signal when the 80 (OB) level and the 20 (OS) level is reached. I would have thought this alert would be pretty common and therefore easy to find. Guess I am wrong. If anyone has an alert like this or can code one if it isn't too much trouble I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Enjoy the custom programming for you, mate.

Files:

Scorpion,

Thanks!!! Yes, this is exactly what I need. Wow, you do fast work. You're the best.

Thanks again!!!

Hi everyone. First post here. Really appreciate some of the things that can be found on this forum.

This alert for stochastics was just what I was looking for. Very clean, and very effective

I still have to learn just about everything about programming indicators., EAs, etc..., but sometimes I manage to make some modifications to existing indicators, to customize them for my purpose.

So here's a small modification I made for this stochastics alert. This version gives you an alert when D goes above or below the overbought or oversought levels. The way that the K en D cross option works remains unchanged.

I guess it could be a cool modification to make it possible to program this possibility into the basic indicator, for example so that you have a field in the parameters menu where you can switch between K or D for the OB/OS levels. On the other hand, that may needlessly complicate matters, and it may be better to simply have 2 versions.

But there is one modification that would make this indicator really much more comfortable to use: it would be great if the OB/OS levels could be linked to the cross of K and D, in such a way so that you only get an alert for crosses that occur with K above/below the levels that are indicated in the OB/OS level fields.

For example, I like to concentrate on setups where K and D cross when being above/below 80/20, and to get an alert only in these cases. But the way things are now, alerts are given for any cross, at any level.

Anyway, thanks for an already great and very useful alert, and thanks for any improvements!

Files:

Is there a stoc with a alert when it comes out of overbought or oversold?

drops back below 80 or rises back above 20

For that, just set the OB/OS levels lower/higher.

The default setting is: OB=80, OS=20

To get what you want, do: OB=20, OS=80

Cute no?

Ha you can teach a old dog new tricks, thanks

Thanks Scorpion & FXSamurai. Indicator working great.

thats a great indicator and i have been looking for it for a while

however I trade on the 1 hr charts, so is it possible to change the alarm to go off only after a candle closes?

This is a great indicator. Is it also possible to add an Email alert to this as well. It would be very helpful.

Please I want a custom indicator that gives an alert and pops out a message window whenever stochastic's %K crosses %D. Thanks

Reason: