Hull Moving Average EA - page 3

i've been manually going over the charts

2000+ pips for September

Buying when colour turns blue, selling when colour turns red.

about 850+ pips for October so far.

Will spend the night going back over the charts till 8th January 2006 when the charts start.

positive of over 500 pips a month with no month having negative in that time from rough checks.

At 0.1 Lot per $1000

1 lot per $10,000

1000 pips = 100% a month.

$1000 to $1,000,000 at 50% a month (500 pips) = 17 months roughly.

the secret is to have a system that never has a negative month - or if it is negative, it doesn't encroach on the equity too much ...

scorpion:
Great system. I'll code for you later today, alright? coin.inv, what was your entry and exit again?

Any luck with the EA yet Scorpion?

just make sure that the line:

-------------------------------

extern int period=21;

-------------------------------

in the expert can be changed.

Just need to select inputs for

1) Lots

2) period for HMA

buy and sell without any complicated filters or in and out.

KISS - keep it simple stupid rule.

bradman, have you checked that the indicator you have been using stays constant once it shows its mark. I remember using an indicator that plotted arrows where to buy and sell, then I realized if you trade it live or at least in real time... the arrows appeared and dissapeared and reappointed themselves at good places. Every system fails at somepoint, if there are absolutely no losses there might be something miscalculated

What period HMA and what stops/targets are you using? I'm testing a similar strategy in Tradestation using 200-tick charts instead of 30 min charts, which seem to give better signals. Perhaps the stops and targets should be reoptimized every 20 days or so.

isn't the hull moving average based on the SMA, not the EMA?

Consider a series of 10 numbers from '0' to '9' inclusive and imagine that they are successive price points on a chart with 9 being the most recent price point at the right hand leading edge. If we take the 10 period simple average of these numbers then, not surprisingly, we will determine the midpoint of 4.5 which significantly lags behind the most recent price point of 9. Here's the clever bit…first le's halve the period of the average to 5 and apply it to the most recent numbers of 5,6,7,8, and 9, the result being the midpoint of 7. 16-Week Hull Moving Average Finally, to remove the lag we take the midpoint of 7 and add the difference between the two averages which equals 2.5 (7 - 4.5). This gives a final answer of 9.5 (7 + 2.5) which is a slight overcompensation. But this overcompensation is very handy because it offsets the lagging effect of the nested averaging.

Hey everyone, I coded the EA for HMA. Check it out...

What were your parameters for this system? The backtest doesn't seem to show positive results with default settings.

bradman:
i've been manually going over the charts 2000+ pips for September Buying when colour turns blue, selling when colour turns red. about 850+ pips for October so far. Will spend the night going back over the charts till 8th January 2006 when the charts start. positive of over 500 pips a month with no month having negative in that time from rough checks. At 0.1 Lot per $1000 1 lot per $10,000 1000 pips = 100% a month. $1000 to $1,000,000 at 50% a month (500 pips) = 17 months roughly. the secret is to have a system that never has a negative month - or if it is negative, it doesn't encroach on the equity too much ...

hi everybody. any help will be much appreciated how open .mq4. thanks

forextrades.

I didn't use 21, i was using 32.

but when i was looking back i didn't take into consideration that it repaints itself. i was just manually looking at the charts.

for instance, the Us/Jap a few days ago turned Blue for a few H4 candles. I bought the sell, and opened a new buy. It was a demo, so i didn't keep watching.

2 days later there was no sign of all the blue on the indicator, as they had all repainted red.

so backtesting an EA is probably better than manually looking.

I tried the EA last night for 2 hours on M1. It didn't open a trade, even though every 15 mins the colours changed. I had my paremeters in it though.

trading stopped for weekend now.

nuria:
hi everybody. any help will be much appreciated how open .mq4. thanks

you need to have MT4 installed on your computer.

when you open the .mq4 file it should take you to Metaeditor.

Reason: