Vegas Tunnel Method

has anyone created a Vegas Tunnel Automated Expert Advisor. If yes could someone point me into the right direction. If not, I am hoping that scoriopion (being a sexy beast that he is ) could help.

Here are the specs:

Step 1.

First, you need a charting service. Since most all electronic trading platforms have charts with technical indicators, this shouldn't be a problem.

Create a 1 hour chart on whatever currency pairs interest you. Barcharts or candlesticks really make no difference. Overlay on this 3 things: 1) a 169 period [1 hour] ema [exponential moving average], 2) a 144 period [1 hour] ema, and finally 3) a 12 period [1hour] ema.

The 144 and 169 ema's create what I call the "tunnel". The 12 ema is an extremely valuable filter that you will want to have there all the time. I will talk more about this in the filter section.

Step 2

Wait for the market to come into the area of the "tunnel". When it breaks ABOVE the upper tunnel boundary, you go long. When it breaks BELOW the lower tunnel boundary, you go short.

Step 3.

Stops and reverse are placed on the other side of the tunnel.

Step 4.

As the market trades in your direction, you take partial profits at the successive fib numbers respectively, with the final portion of your position left on until one of the following conditons occur: 1) market hits the last fib number [377 pips] from the ema's, or 2) the market eventually comes back to the tunnel and violates the other side.

Example: GBP/USD is trading at 1.8500. The ema's are as follows: 144- 1.8494, 169- 1.8512. The market breaks 1.8494, and you sell at 1.8492. Your stop and reverse is now at 1.8512. Over the following hours, market starts to go down. 40 minutes after you put position on, cable is at 1.8440. You can use for computation purposes either tunnel boundary or the median of the tunnel. Ema's are still the same, so if you use the median, 55 from 1.8503 is 1.8448. You should have taken part of the position off at 1.8448. Market does nothing rest of day. Stop can be moved down to protect position or left alone at tunnel. You are now looking for price to be 89 pips away from the ema's. Since 55 was already passed, it no longer concerns us in this cycle. A couple of days later, cable is at 1.8300 and the median of ema's is 1.8410 [1.8400 - 1.8420]. You should be out of another portion of the position at 1.8321. Market bottoms here and in the next 2 hours, cable screams to 1.8535. Your remaining short position is covered at upper tunnel boundary of 1.8420, and you are now long from this point as well. Since you are long, you would now take partial profits at 1.8475 and 1.8509.

Thanx for your in advance.

FD

PS here is the whole script and indicator for anyone wants to learn more.

PD

Files:

Sounds clear enough to me.

> scoriopion (being a sexy beast that he is ) could help

Won't help you if you can't spell my username correctly. Just kidding...

Sorry Mr. Scorpi I mean Mr. Scorpion

See you on Monday guy. All of us should rest or go out on weekends.

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to know has anyone found a good filter for 1h Tunnel method ?

I am working on some filter but they are not for sure .

I appreciate if you help me .

Hamid

Hi

I was just browsing and found this thread.

I hope below information may help some one and

Admin of this forum may allow my posting.

Please take note that I do not use this method and I

do not force any one to use this method as well.

Below are just my own findings!

===================================================

In year 2006, I did some conversation with the creator

of "Vegas Tunnel" method. After that I also did backtesting

and forward testing as well.

I think there is a strong logic behind this trading model that makes

trading profitable in all markets.(Spot FX, Equity, Futures, Stocks)

Profitable = YES

Entry Method = Discretionary

Winning Ratio = 66%

Lossing Ratio = 34%

Risk to Reward Ratio = 1:2 in some cases 1:4

ROI Per Year = 100% to 140%

Time Frame = All

Currency pairs = All

Trading Style = Break out

Kind regards,

-Muhammad Azeem

Forex Trading Video Course, Managed Account, Trading Room

==============================================

hamidKH:
Hi Guys, I just wanted to know has anyone found a good filter for 1h Tunnel method ? I am working on some filter but they are not for sure . I appreciate if you help me . Hamid

Hello everyone, i was interested in the Tunnel ,

Hi All anyone else been finding that on the 1HR Vegas Tunnel using 144 & 169 EMA you aren't getting a "tunnel". On my charts for Gbp/Usd & Usd/Chf the two EMAs are very close and basically form a line.

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks

where possible load the method vegas?

frank13ny:
has anyone created a Vegas Tunnel Automated Expert Advisor. If yes could someone point me into the right direction. If not, I am hoping that scoriopion (being a sexy beast that he is ) could help. Here are the specs: Step 1. First, you need a charting service. Since most all electronic trading platforms have charts with technical indicators, this shouldn't be a problem. Create a 1 hour chart on whatever currency pairs interest you. Barcharts or candlesticks really make no difference. Overlay on this 3 things: 1) a 169 period [1 hour] ema [exponential moving average], 2) a 144 period [1 hour] ema, and finally 3) a 12 period [1hour] ema. The 144 and 169 ema's create what I call the "tunnel". The 12 ema is an extremely valuable filter that you will want to have there all the time. I will talk more about this in the filter section. Step 2 Wait for the market to come into the area of the "tunnel". When it breaks ABOVE the upper tunnel boundary, you go long. When it breaks BELOW the lower tunnel boundary, you go short. Step 3. Stops and reverse are placed on the other side of the tunnel. Step 4. As the market trades in your direction, you take partial profits at the successive fib numbers respectively, with the final portion of your position left on until one of the following conditons occur: 1) market hits the last fib number [377 pips] from the ema's, or 2) the market eventually comes back to the tunnel and violates the other side. Example: GBP/USD is trading at 1.8500. The ema's are as follows: 144- 1.8494, 169- 1.8512. The market breaks 1.8494, and you sell at 1.8492. Your stop and reverse is now at 1.8512. Over the following hours, market starts to go down. 40 minutes after you put position on, cable is at 1.8440. You can use for computation purposes either tunnel boundary or the median of the tunnel. Ema's are still the same, so if you use the median, 55 from 1.8503 is 1.8448. You should have taken part of the position off at 1.8448. Market does nothing rest of day. Stop can be moved down to protect position or left alone at tunnel. You are now looking for price to be 89 pips away from the ema's. Since 55 was already passed, it no longer concerns us in this cycle. A couple of days later, cable is at 1.8300 and the median of ema's is 1.8410 [1.8400 - 1.8420]. You should be out of another portion of the position at 1.8321. Market bottoms here and in the next 2 hours, cable screams to 1.8535. Your remaining short position is covered at upper tunnel boundary of 1.8420, and you are now long from this point as well. Since you are long, you would now take partial profits at 1.8475 and 1.8509. Thanx for your in advance. FD

Hello,

I have been trying to email Vegas, but the address given trafficcap@hotmail.com is repeatedly rejected. Can anyone let me have the correct address?

Thanking you

W. Spinks.

Reason: