Vegas 1 HR Tunnel - Impossible?

For the Vegas 1 Hour Tunnel Method, does anyone have an actual chart of what an entry order should look like?

My settings are as follows:

Period: 12, 144, 169

Shift: 0

MA Method: Exponential

Apply to: CLOSE

Does the 1 Hour Bar have to close between EMAs 144 and 169? I never seem to see such a BAR, and also the EMAs are always in a very narrow, narrow range? So how is it possible that a one hour bar can ever close between the two EMAs?

As a side question, what does Shift mean and when would one use it?

MetaTrader4:

shift - Index of the value taken from the indicator buffer (shift relative to the current bar the given amount of periods ago).

You can treat it as a number of bars indicating where the MA (in this case) will be shifted. If the shift is higher than 0 it will be moved "to the past" and if it's lower it will be moved "into the future".

I have also attached a document by Vegas himself describing this method & some script I have found on my computer (I don't know what it does, didn't check).

Best Regards & RTFM

P7

Still Puzzled

Thanks for your response, I have read the doc, just I am curious if the 1 hour bar must close between the two EMAs. I typically only see the 1 hour bar overlaying both EMAs but never in between.

Have you tried the 1 Hr Tunnel before, I wonder if it actually possible to see such a formation...

Thanks...

et_phonehome_2:
Thanks for your response, I have read the doc, just I am curious if the 1 hour bar must close between the two EMAs. I typically only see the 1 hour bar overlaying both EMAs but never in between.

Have you tried the 1 Hr Tunnel before, I wonder if it actually possible to see such a formation...

Thanks...

I have never tried this method but I am thinking about that, beacuse it is proved to be wroking. If I were you, I would try the 4H version.

P7

Read this post.

Reason: