dazler sar-ma (profitable in backtest!)

This cool system is originated from dazler, who asked me to code in metatrader expert advisor for free. Haven't done forward testing yet, but backtesting result from 2003 looks real good. I do believe the result can be replicated in forward testing. Enjoy!

dazler:
buy close> sar cross moving ave 10 and 21 close > mov ave 50 sell close< mov ave 50 thats it. no stop no t/profit.

Balance

Files:

thanks scorpion

WOW here is a lot of code in this EA.

the above test is in what time frame?

thanks

dazler

I tested it in 1H on "open prices" model. You might need to check "Recalculate" first.

When will the world realize that these backtestings are worthless?? If anybody has an ea, they should forward test it for at least a week to see if it has any remote possibility of working in real life.

I have tested and wasted my time on so many EA's by backtesting which showed good on backtesting, but in forward testing they lose money. I wish we would all unite and force Meta Group to come out with a good backtester that really works and you can depend on it. MT4 is no better than the MT3 backtester for reliable results. We need to stop kidding ourselves over this messed up backtester. I am astounded that the programmers in these forums have not created a reliable backtester yet.

Dave <

well dave, im forward testing it now and 3 out 4 in profit so far. sounds like u need to start the ball rolling doesnt it.....

but backtesting is not all useless, some signals have been taken on the wrong set up, so its good to have a look.

You're right Dave. However, you have to realise that the main problem is not really within the backtester but the ticks data. Unlike stock data, forex data is often proprietary after going thru series of proprietary filters, says Olsen's or Tenfore's. These forex ticks ain't cheap; 3 months worth of ticks cost as much as $600, 1 year costs around $2,400. You want a reliable tester, you gotta buy (or even license) these ticks data "for your own personal use only". You might say i'm kidding, but I've spent a fortune to buy these ticks.

Ask yourself, just one question, are you willing to spend more than $5,000 on a real good backtester? Remember nobody (MetaQuotes, brokers, or "these forums") can afford to pay this for you "and others".

ok forward testing is going good in profit, but as the rules as above are not taking trades as theey come. or hold on too trades long after the cross of ma50 stop.

ur code so complex that im still look in to it. i was hope for a simple system.

if the close =

close> sar

cross moving ave 10 and 21

close > mov ave 50

then go long or short on the next bar (open) can we do this?

and sell

close< mov ave 50

then stop on the next bar (open).

i did try to change the

IsBuy = (Bid > sar_0 && ma1_1 ma2_0 && Bid > ma3_0);

IsSell = (Bid = ma2_1 && ma1_0 < ma2_0 && Bid < ma3_0);

IsCloseBought = bid<ma3_0;

IsCloseSold = bid>ma_3;

thanks for ur help this EA is in profit and i mite be stuffing it up, but would like to see the rules played out as they r in a 1H chart.

cheers

Yeah the code is complex coz the expert can running flawlessly on multiple charts and pairs. And, it's actually a high-powered expert that fully support four types of [trailing] stop loss, three types of execution interval (tick-by-tick, chart, x minute), and a set of powerful extended functions. (it's all fact, no show-off)

dazler:
IsCloseBought = bidma_3;

That will close the Long when price closes lower than MA50 and close the Short when higher than MA50. But the code should be:

IsCloseBought = Bid<ma3_0;

IsCloseSold = Bid>ma3_0;

Reason: