Best trend indicator - page 3

jeromebr2:
Hi Everyone,I am a newcomer to the Forex world, and I am just browsing websites and looking to pick up some of the basics. I came acorss a forex trading education website called ForexFace.com. It's got lots of useful information for beginners and advanced traders alike. Things like articles, information about system development, and more. Please let me know if you think it's any good.

Welcome jeromebr2!

Another great place to learn the basics: Forex Trading Online Training: Learn Foreign Exchange Currency Trading

FerruFx

I love this forum.... and one good but not perfect is the PROFITABLE TREND SYSTEM, just go to 4shared.com end search there. And another great followind trend is the dorchian channels, really work.

for a quick trend indicators use"execute line" adjust settings accordingly

TurboTrader24:
Here is a trading system I got from another forum.Here is what the author has to sayIf you see, there is 2 lines on main chart. The one with thick line I call Main MA, and the other one (thin line) I call Fast MA.If the fast line (thin) crossed main line (thick) and both color is red, you go for SHORT. Check also xb-ind (seems like MACD) also in red color.So basically you go short when all is red and go long when all is blue (check if fast MA on top/below Main MA).You can see also some “reseversal line”.When the market sideways, normaliy price is always bouncing. So, if the price is bullish then will predict the price will reverse at line and the price will change to short. Remember, this is only prediction. If the price still bullish, it break the “break out line”. The we now the bullish trend has been set.Also, you can use reversal line when two lines has different color. For example when the main line is blue (long) and fast line is red (short) and fast line on top of main line (So main trend is bullish). We can predict that price will drop and touch around reversal line and bounce back for bullish.Hope this h

do you know what his settings are for those indicators? I dno't have MT4 so I can't load it or see the code or whatever.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have been looking for the Holy Graal myself and found all sorts of strategies so far. One of them looks very close to what Turbo has just posted. Here is what I think about it:

- the thick line is 34 EMA. The colours of the thick line looks like it gives information very close to the Xb4ind indicator. The use of an HMA 30,2 can be a good approximation.

- the thin line is 21,3 HMA - Hull moving average (or something very close to it). The change of colours can also be given by a 8,20,9 MACD settings (or close to it).

- Sochastic is 5,3,3

I would take a chance of suggesting an alternate system that would give almost the same entry signals:

- 34 EMA

- MACD 8,20,9

- Stochastic 5,3,3

- HMA 30,2

Enter signals:

- Enter long when a candle closes above 34 EMA.

- Watch for stochastic for overbought situations. Pesonally, I would use a 14,3,3 setting. Reversal should happen when the fast moving line crosses the level 80 downwards.

- MACD cross should occure shortly after or at the same time. That would be an exit signal.

- Enter short when a candle closes below 34 EMA.

- Watch for stochastic for oversold situations. Pesonally, I would use a 14,3,3 setting. Reversal should happen when the fast moving line crosses the level 20 upwards.

- MACD cross should occure shortly after or at the same time. That would be an exit signal.

HMA 30,2 can be used to figure out the colours of the thick line, but I think it is not obligatory. I think the system Turbotrader 24 gave us is probably better because it is all set with proper colours that are easy to follow, but if someone doesn't have the Metatrader platform can consider my thoughts about the strategy.

Regards,

Chamane

Thank you Chamane for your suggestion.

Dear All Traders,

Have you seen our latest results? Our FOREX LIVE SIGNAL service produced over 1067+ pips

in last month .

To see our results FOREX TRADING SIGNAL - www.forexlivesignal.com

Forex Live signal Team Traget monthly 1000 pips

We send the signal through sms and mail

Now Test our TRADING SIGNAL absolutely free of charge in current of one week!!! It is necessary for you to be registered only! The offer is valid till SEPTEMBER, 30th! FREE!!!

Don't miss out on a great opportunity.

Sincerely,

FOREX TRADING SINGNALS-www.forexlivesignal.com

Hello everybody,

I am a new member. I would like to know whether there is a good trend trading system or indicator. Thank you.

i'am bad mood right now, 2pips gone....

scorpion:
Million of false signals? Try EMA 2 and EMA 8 cross. Buy when EMA2 crosses up EMA8, sell when EMA2 crosses down EMA8. To make this system profitable in choppy market, one must reverse the signal (Buy to Sell and Sell to Buy). You can make easy 30 pips in 2 hours during choppy market. But remember that this system is a high-risk one, so if there is a breakout you'll lose big time.

Hey!!! Quick question.

I try EMA 14 and EMA 9 cross and it works well.

Why do you suggest EMA 2 and 8 cross?

If it’s lower the EMA is more sensitive to the trend

Thank you!

Reason: