Best trend indicator - page 5

specialfx2:
I Will Like To Let U Guys Know How To Use Fundermental To Trade & Make Profit Without Or With Low Risk.If U Are Interested To Know This Let Me Know.

yeah I'm interested

btw I use simply the ADX with 3 period and nothing else just the candle chart. The PDI MDI crossovers give you the buy and sell points.

I multiply the the PDI MDI difference with ADX and I display columns in different colors (red for bear and blue for bull).

The size of the column indicates the possible strength of the trend or the turn. e.g. if the size is very small and the trend just turned, then it can be a trap, I wait another 1-2x 5-15 min. Typically no big movement happens when this calculated PDI MDI difference and ADX is low, so it is also a low risk to wait. If it was a trap then it just rarely keeps longer then 2-3 time intervals (2-3x 5-15min).

If the column size is still increasing then I close or step in.

It is a simple method but I tell you, it is works fine.

The only disadvantage is that the signals comes typically 2 time intervals later then the signal of Stochastics, so the real bottom and top can not be caught with it.

But in exchange, there are only few signals, so just step in and keep the position until the trend is really broken. It prevents me from jumping in and out on false signals.

cnere:
yeah I'm interested btw I use simply the ADX with 3 period and nothing else just the candle chart. The PDI MDI crossovers give you the buy and sell points.I multiply the the PDI MDI difference with ADX and I display columns in different colors (red for bear and blue for bull).The size of the column indicates the possible strength of the trend or the turn. e.g. if the size is very small and the trend just turned, then it can be a trap, I wait another 1-2x 5-15 min. Typically no big movement happens when this calculated PDI MDI difference and ADX is low, so it is also a low risk to wait. If it was a trap then it just rarely keeps longer then 2-3 time intervals (2-3x 5-15min).If the column size is still increasing then I close or step in.It is a simple method but I tell you, it is works fine.The only disadvantage is that the signals comes typically 2 time intervals later then the signal of Stochastics, so the real bottom and top can not be caught with it. But in exchange, there are only few signals, so just step in and keep the position until the trend is really broken. It prevents me from jumping in and out on false signals.

Thanks for sharing this idea with us... How do you calculate this difference? Do you use a custom indicator? Shoot a few screenshot if its possible for you... This should be helpful for everyone.

Thank again

Here is a trading system I got from another forum. Here is what the author has to say

thanks i will use

I really like the Hull Moving Average 20 period. When the slope changes, there will at least be a small correction. I get the feeling you're using this to exit a position. Another simple way to be aware of a loss of momentum is a MACD histogram (12, 26, 9). Say the histogram is moving strongly up, bar after bar. Then you get a bar that closes and it's lower than the previous bar, at least a pause in the move is indicated.

One other thing I found that changes quickly is an indicator NMR20_mtf.mq4

When it crosses one of the yellow lines, take action. (Google it)

Hope that helps...

TurboTrader24:
Here is a trading system I got from another forum.Here is what the author has to say If you see, there is 2 lines on main chart. The one with thick line I call Main MA, and the other one (thin line) I call Fast MA. If the fast line (thin) crossed main line (thick) and both color is red, you go for SHORT. Check also xb-ind (seems like MACD) also in red color. So basically you go short when all is red and go long when all is blue (check if fast MA on top/below Main MA). You can see also some “reseversal line”. When the market sideways, normaliy price is always bouncing. So, if the price is bullish then will predict the price will reverse at line and the price will change to short. Remember, this is only prediction. If the price still bullish, it break the “break out line”. The we now the bullish trend has been set. Also, you can use reversal line when two lines has different color. For example when the main line is blue (long) and fast line is red (short) and fast line on top of main line (So main trend is bullish). We can predict that price will drop and touch around reversal line and bounce back for bullish. Hope this h

thanxx alll for ur eford

oilfxpro:
Here is the free BOSS FUKRU PREDICTIVE TREND INDICATOR ,I found it on the net

Oils have you tried this, could you give us a bit of a picture of what it does and how it works? Thanks in advance

Ravique:
Hey guys, I am looking for a trend indicator,I need it to do one thing : I need it to be fast . If there is a small reversal or a big reversal or a correction, i need it to point this out. So i am lookig for the most sensetive trend indicator, and i don`t mind how it beaves in a choppy market. What do you think, which one could That be ?

Try the following FIP Line indicator but instead of waiting for the color to change, enter/exit on a close thru the line. Nothing faster than this. Enjoy !

Files:
FIP_Line.ex4  5 kb

Hi,

I am new here and I have gone thru some posts here. I feel it is really a good post and a good site too.

Thanks for all the information shared here.

Nice day.

Thanks

jtimpson,

that FIP Line seems to be quite good but I believe it would be good to add and confirmation indicator, because the alone FIP can give a lot of missing signals, it repaints. Have you been trading it on real acc?

Reason: