Testing out the news as an expert

Im trying to work on forex as much as possible but unfortunately i am human. I am trying to make an expert where I can input the time i want a certain barrier to be made. For example i want to make a trade on the date and time of A. for example I want to trade on September 23rd at 09:00GMT and want to make a barrier of X pips over and under the price at 09:00GMT, price goes by X pips under then open a short trade and if over then long trade. After that put a take profit of Y pips and stop loss of Z pips. If possible add the date and time of A up to A5

If someone can help me do this I will post my X, Y, and Z values in the member's only part of the forum to share the most profitable values that you can be used.

This is another approach to the forex that is new to me. I am doing this to try to get a better feel of the less technical chart analysis while the CCI is being backtested.

Hope someone can help with this

There are experts like this. They are called News Breakout systems, or something like that. Search the Metatrader yahoo groups file section News trader was its name or something like that.

Thank you very much I'll go check it out right now

Hmm the expert default time was actually exactly what i needed. I see that part of my idea has already been thought of. Does anyone know where I can get 1 Minute Data that I can add to my own little twist to it and hopefully it will have good results

Thanks again Ravique

You are welcomed my friend .

gazuz:
...Does anyone know where I can get 1 Minute Data that I can add to my own little twist to it and hopefully it will have good results

Here you go... check this site out for their historical data... ; )

https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://www.forexua.com/e_history.html

Instructions on how to import this historical data into MetaTrader:

Couldn't be simpler...

1. Extract zipped .csv data file. (e.g. USDCHF30.csv)

2. Go to History Center in Metatrader (F2)

3. Navigate to selected currency and timeframe. (e.g. USDCHF 30 min. M30)

4. Import from .csv - done!

You can offset your time zone during import if necessary.

I purchased a news breakout system on eBay awhile ago which was coded for tradestation and FXCM. When I sent it to the brokers, none of them would let me trade the code on a live account because there was too much volitility in the market during those times.

The only option I have is to manually trade the program unless someone can convert tradestation code to a MT 4 expert.

I can send you the code if you want. Just send me a PM.

I have download the expert what you guys are talking about , in the same time I have download the expert call "BREAKOUT" expert , but I don't know the result of this expert is real or not .

By the way, why there is no result when I run the "Newstrader" in startegy tester ??

the newstester can't be backtested unless you have some code that you did yourself. What this does is set a limit so that once a certain hour within 24 hours is reached it will take that price, then a certain amount of pips over or under the price it started to monitor at and will open a trade.

I think the best way to check this is go on the lowest or second lowest timeframe and look at them manually, I've checked it out a couple a bit but I can't read the news that well I'm still looking into books to find out which kind of news has a bigger effect etc etc.

Still working on it over here

here is Jesse Breaker's news trader, it works very well.

It should what you want. The only proble is the NFP has not been a strong trading day or some time now.

Files:

Alright scorpion, this was the news breakout thread... Problem is, no one seems to have it in mq4..

Will you work your magic here?

Reason: