Important: ZeroCode Final Release - page 3

Welcome aboard factorM!

Scorpion, thank you this is a great program and has helped me alot, especially since I am just now beginning to teaching myself to write code. Before using this program I tried to write an EA for MT4 using the EA wizard in MT4 but when I would compile could not fix the error I was getting. After a few days I just gave up. Now, I have made several versions of EAs which I hope to improve upon by systematically playing with them.

I have a suggestion. What I have done is keep track of the 3 Logics: 1. BUY Logics, 2. SELL Logics, and 3. CLOSE Logics in seperate folders so that I can test what works best. For the most part SELL Logics are just the opposite of the BUY Logics. However, CLOSE Logics are different. I would love to see two threads added to this site: BUY/SELL Logics and CLOSE Logics because this is where I would like to post. And it seems this is what we are all working on improving, at least to start.

Also, my current FXFisherman EA I have applied to the four majors but it seems to only be in only one trade at a time. Is this part of the code that allows only one position to be held at a time. Thanks again, freshfx

Hi!

Welcome to FXFisherman!

Also, my current FXFisherman EA I have applied to the four majors but it seems to only be in only one trade at a time. Is this part of the code that allows only one position to be held at a time. Thanks again, freshfx

Yes, the code allows only 1 trade at a time. I know it's restrictive to demo testing, but in real trading, this should protect you from many risks.

Scorpion, I found the line of code that limited the number of open positions to 1 and change it to 4 as I am trading the four majors and wanted to see how the EA would work on multiple currencies. However, what happened was I was filled 3 times in USDCHF and once in USDJPY. That is not what I wanted. I need to add a line of code something like:

if Symbol > 1 then

{

DeleteOrder(OrderValue(1,VAL_TICKET),Red);

};

Does this sound right? Thanks in advance for your help, freshfx

No, freshfx. Don't change If TotalTrades<1 then. This statement should protect you from many risks like the duplicated trades you encountered. If you like to run your expert in 4 majors then open 4 demo accounts, open 4 instances of MetaTrader, and then run 1 major in 1 account. That will solve your problem without hacking the code.

Again, running multiple majors in one account would be very dangerous, believe me.

I will take you guidance. freshfx

freshfx, in the next zerocode release, you'll be able to run multiple majors.

I opened new demo accounts to test an FXFisherman EA in EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDCAD, and USDJPY individually in each account. Now just waiting for the results, freshfx :whistling

Is the final relase out yet?

Reason: