FXFisherman Live Backtesting Status - page 5

Ok, this explains it. Thankz.

is there a stop loss??

just wondering if there is a stop loss since I see most losses are 3 digit ones liek Trader12 has said. Also is that last tweaked link you gave for the untweaked version with a comparison to the tweaked "preview".

that is something I was not quite sure of when I saw. Does the tweak preview just mean according to calculations? as in there will be an average of 60 pips per trade.

Sorry if this is unclear I jsut wanted to write down things before I forgot

Off course there are no stoplosses, because they don't help the system, even worse they bring more bigger losses (according to backtesting result). However, SL = 100 pips can be used.

I expected about 6 pips profit gain per trade if the system is tweaked, so the $60 profit (6 pips of 10 mini lots) is added to each trade in tweak preview column.

No body has proven SL and TP actually effective in real trade in term of money management. Of course they are quite effective in some systems while not with 2-8 Tonle Sap as well as other scalpers. The reason why they are not effective is that prices in forex fluctuate up and down very frequently, so temporary losses commonly occures. SL makes temporary losses permenent, and that is no good afterall.

scorpion:
No body has proven SL and TP actually effective in real trade in term of money management. Of course they are quite effective in some systems while not with 2-8 Tonle Sap as well as other scalpers. The reason why they are not effective is that prices in forex fluctuate up and down very frequently, so temporary losses commonly occures. SL makes temporary losses permenent, and that is no good afterall.

I wasn't thinking this was a scalper sorry I forgot. I was thinking of some experts use the trailing stop, they open a position with the trend and work their way up with a trailing stop. Sometimes it works but a big initial deposit is needed and this is more of a long term investment.

You're right that big initial deposit is required; however, it is not really long term investment.

Based on live performance, if the 2-8 Tonle Sap is fine-tuned and if we trade 1 lot on standard account then we might need around $2,000 to $3,000 initial deposit. The net profit/day will likely be around $700 to $1,000. But if we trade 1 lot on mini account then we might need only $200 to $300 initial deposit, and the net profit/day will likely be $70 to $100.

I think one fo the steps to come should be testing what would be the biggest consecutive losses the bot would do.

EDIT: also forgot to mention this how about compounding the earnings so that it would gradually increase the number of lots etc as an option for the bot? or would that be a bad idea for the 2-8 Tone Scalper?

Yea the first step is to live test the bot for a while to get accurate result on consecutive losses and winnings etc (that's why we have delays).

Compounding the earnings is very ideal for 2-8 Tonle Sap. I think we will compound to get the best profit. Good idea!

scorpion:
Based on live performance, if the 2-8 Tonle Sap is fine-tuned and if we trade 1 lot on standard account then we might need around $2,000 to $3,000 initial deposit. The net profit/day will likely be around $700 to $1,000. But if we trade 1 lot on mini account then we might need only $200 to $300 initial deposit, and the net profit/day will likely be $70 to $100.

Sounds good to me! Yes it will be cool to see the profits consistently rack up in a demo account, and then even cooler in a mini and then in a full size.

As far as the tweaking / adjusting / optimizing, it will be nice if there is a way to set it so that it can handle any market conditions and not just some set of conditions that it has been optimized for... so in case the market changes it would still work ... obviously that would be nice .

Anyway, looking good... keep up the good work

Trader12. When people say "market conditions" they usually mean trend-going systems ( up, down or sideway ). There are also others, like scalpers. And one of Scorpion`s systems is a scalper. So it will work consistently ( we hope so ) . Don`t know about the other one.

Reason: