Has anyone made Automatic Virtual Self-Optimization for their robot? - page 2

Implemented through KB solutions is very easy.

Vladimir Simakov:
You take a matured YP. You write a dll. The idea is this: when you start the robot, you start a separate thread that conducts optimization (you must think through the algorithm), and then you feed it with every tick and take away its settings. All this stuff runs in the background. For a robot, all the overhead is: send the data AND receive it.
The idea of self-optimisation is inherently unworkable for a number of reasons. You can crutch it all you want, but there is no point :)

Maxim Dmitrievsky:
The idea of self-optimization is inherently unworkable for a number of reasons

i.e. if I build a walk-forward mechanism into an EA, that mechanism becomes "inherently dysfunctional for a number of reasons"? ))

Andrei Trukhanovich:

i.e. if I build a walk-forward mechanism into an EA, that mechanism becomes "inherently dysfunctional for a number of reasons"? ))

i think so

Maxim Dmitrievsky:
The idea of self-optimisation is inherently unworkable for a number of reasons. You can crutch as much as you like, but there is no point :)

Self-optimisation is just a name for certain actions. In reality, it is simply part of the TC.

Vladimir Simakov:
You have to take a mature source of programming languages. You write a dll. The idea is this: when your bot starts, you start a separate thread that conducts optimization (think through the algorithm), and after that you feed it at least every tick and take away its settings. All this stuff runs in the background. For a robot, all the overhead is: send the data AND receive it.

This needs to be done without dll. And it also needs to be tested on the MT5 tester. And not just at startup, but every Saturday, especially since it will be on a VPS.

fxsaber:

Self-optimisation is just a name for certain actions. In reality, it is simply part of the TS.

If the TS is customizable, then yes, but don't expect anything good from such a TS or from self-optimization.

C/o will only work when there are very smooth changes in parameters of the TS that need to be tweaked

fxsaber:

Self-optimisation is just a name for certain actions. In reality, it is simply part of TC.

The idea of self-optimisation is not an invention, but simply an automation of what we do manually, using a tester.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

This has to be done without the dll. And it should also be tested on the MT5 tester.

Thought the profit is primary.

And not only at startup, but also every Saturday, especially since it will stand on VPS.

I don't care if it is every day. Walk-forward is now made elementary for any Market Advisor. I.e. source code is not needed for this task.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

I think so.

the only normal way to test a strategy on history suddenly becomes "inherently unworkable" when you put it inside an EA? )

ok

Reason: