Attention: Windows 10 Creators Update to make saved MetaTrader passwords invalid - page 2

hi

after recent win10 update, my agent <> dan't attach to chart anymore: I don't think it's an activation problem (it sat 5 activations, so 1 for the server, 1 for the PC, so I think I have 3 more...).

can you help me?

AndreaG:

hi

after recent win10 update, my agent <> dan't attach to chart anymore: I don't think it's an activation problem (it sat 5 activations, so 1 for the server, 1 for the PC, so I think I have 3 more...).

can you help me?

Check the log (Experts tab). Most probably it's an activation issue anyway.

doug910:

私はバージョン1703で同じ問題を抱えていました.MT4を再インストールすると動作しません。以前のWindowsビルドに戻すことができます:

StartButton-> Settings-> Upgrade&Security-> Recover->最後のビルドに戻る

これでMT4が再び動作するようになりますが、Windowsが別のアップデートを強制するまでの期間はわかりません。

ダグ

Hi doug910

Thank you so much useful advice.But I tried to StartButton-> Settings-> Upgrade&Security-> Recover --> Lateset version, it following message appear,

All of your installed application is deleted after that re-install windows 10 OS for yourself.

So I'm hesitate that I must recover over 50 application re-install of myself. That is too much risky for me.

Fortunately I have another laptop PC in Windows 7 and renting remote desktop PC for EA auto trading in Windows Server 2008.

At the temporary that I'm using develop EA at that PC.

I'm waiting for next windows 10 update, at that time I expect that become working normal  MT4 terminal for backtest.

Best Regards,

Files:
WS000000.JPG  124 kb

What a let down from mql been penalised for updating Windows 10. The activation system is poor and needs to be re looked at. And I do believe that the 1 free extra activation is totally rubbish as I have updated my laptop and my PC that's too activations down. System is utter rubbish

Ertac Hassan:
What a let down from mql been penalised for updating Windows 10. The activation system is poor and needs to be re looked at. And I do believe that the 1 free extra activation is totally rubbish as I have updated my laptop and my PC that's too activations down. System is utter rubbish
I agree 100%

Same problem here!
I asked Metaquote to regain activations for 3 or 4 different EAs, explaining I had installed on 2 different computers. They only gave me back 1 activation for 1 EA, this is shame! I have lost many activations because of Win10 update... And they have no solution to garantee this won't happen again!
The activation system is rubbish, I agree!

And... it happens again... Second time this year :((((

Rashid Umarov :
Per ogni attivazione su PC con Windows 10 sono aggiunti 1 attivazione extra gratuita. In questo modo nessuna attivazione verrà persa.
ma dovrei cancellare e reinstallare mt5?

Alain Verleyen:

It's not what is stated in the first post :

1 product => +1 activation.

If I have 1 product installed simultaneously on 2 (or more PC) I will be credited by 2 activations (or more) ?

I have 1 product installed on 3 pcs. do I lose 2 installations?

Admin
Rashid Umarov 2017.04.10 15:20   EN
James Cater:

This means that users with a desktop plus laptop activation will only have 1 activation remaining after this update, and will then have zero after the next windows 10 service pack due around the end of the year.

Don't worry, we can solve every complex case via Servicedesk.
James Cater:

Thanks, that's great to know. We will politely send those users your way.

(However the number of "compex cases" will increase dramatically after the next service pack so you might want to consider a better solution before next year)

I have users complaining that the Service desk are messing them around on this matter and not giving them extra activations for the Windows releases

Very annoying, especially as they promised to resolve any problems here in this forum

Reason: