EA's per MT4 instances

Hi everybody,

I have de following question:

How many EA's can be executed in one instance of MT4 with no troubles between the ES's?

Thanks for the responses!!!

Luis.

Do you mean, taking orders at the same (exactly) time? It depends on the EAs, how well written are and more technical factors.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Do you mean, taking orders at the same (exactly) time? It depends on the EAs, how well written are and more technical factors.

Hi Eleni,

Thanks for the response. What i need to know is if i can execue two EA's in the same instance of MT4, I mean, various EA's executing at the same time, diferents pairs, different strategies.

Thanks in advance

Of course you can. Attach each EA on a different chart and you won't have a problem (as well as are well written).

Eleni Anna Branou:
Of course you can. Attach each EA on a different chart and you won't have a problem (as well as are well written).

Thanks a lot.

MT4 can handle up to 16 charts and some people say up to 24 charts. All these charts could have different EAs as long as the you respect the fact the same pairs cannot have the same magic number without getting confused. 

The real limiting factor is your computer and connection speed since prices can move faster than your computer can compute and track.

I have traded on computers with up to 4 different instances of MT4 running and that seems to work better than loading down one instance of MT4. Just install the different instances in different folders. All the instances can trade the same account without a problem just as you can trade one account on more than one device at the same time.

Michael Maggi:

MT4 can handle up to 16 charts and some people say up to 24 charts. All these charts could have different EAs as long as the you respect the fact the same pairs cannot have the same magic number without getting confused. 

The real limiting factor is your computer and connection speed since prices can move faster than your computer can compute and track.

I have traded on computers with up to 4 different instances of MT4 running and that seems to work better than loading down one instance of MT4. Just install the different instances in different folders. All the instances can trade the same account without a problem just as you can trade one account on more than one device at the same time.

Thank you for the clarification Michael, you have a much better knowledge of the technical aspects.

Michael Maggi:

MT4 can handle up to 100 charts.

How many EAs and indicators will depend of computer resources available, knowing than MT4 is 32 bit application.

There is even a handy constant CHARTS_MAX (= 100)

honest_knave:
There is even a handy constant CHARTS_MAX (= 100)
Great!  Good to know.  But I wonder how many computers can open those charts with EAs and indicators. It does involve the computer resources available as well as the internet connection.

Michael Maggi:

Thanks for your response
Reason: