VPS MT4 installation

Hi

I have a VPS and tried to install MT4 from 2 different brokers but I get a pop up:

Unsupported operating system.

Please upgrade to Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 or later.

I have a plan from 

Any ideas?

Thanks

It's because you are using an unsupported operating system.

It clearly says that.

samjesse:

Hi

I have a VPS and tried to install MT4 from 2 different brokers but I get a pop up:

Unsupported operating system.

Please upgrade to Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 or later.

I have a plan from cheap-forex-vps.com

Any ideas?

Thanks

Use the built in hosting solution, it actually works. 

Matthew Colter:

Use the built in hosting solution, it actually works. 

How many mt4 instances can be run efficiently on the mql5 vps? 

The reason for this question is that I would like to have more than one EA and Signal copy, each of its own account/broker.

Thanks

samjesse:

How many mt4 instances can be run efficiently on the mql5 vps? 

The reason for this question is that I would like to have more than one EA and Signal copy, each of its own account/broker.

Thanks

You would need one instance per account. The month to month plan is $10 per instance per month, and setting it up is as easy as setting up the charts as if you were going to run it from your own computer and pushing the button to synchronize. On top of this you'll get a better connection to your broker. https://www.metatrader4.com/en/trading-platform/vps

Right now, it sounds like you went with some service that isn't even capable of running Metatrader. That is why I suggested using the built in capabilities. I've been using the built in tools and hosting from Metaquotes for over a year and I've been happy with it.
Virtual Hosting in MetaTrader 4 Trading Platform
Virtual Hosting in MetaTrader 4 Trading Platform
  • www.metatrader4.com
The virtual hosting provides round-the-clock operation of the client terminal (Forex VPS). This is very convenient if you use trading robots or copy deals using trading signals. The virtual hosting service allows your trades to be executed at any time with minimum delay! Renting a virtual server right from the MetaTrader 4 terminal is the...

Matthew Colter:

You would need one instance per account. The month to month plan is $10 per instance per month, and setting it up is as easy as setting up the charts as if you were going to run it from your own computer and pushing the button to synchronize. On top of this you'll get a better connection to your broker. https://www.metatrader4.com/en/trading-platform/vps

Right now, it sounds like you went with some service that isn't even capable of running Metatrader. That is why I suggested using the built in capabilities. I've been using the built in tools and hosting from Metaquotes for over a year and I've been happy with it.

When I try to get a VPS from this site, the button says Launch MetaTrader 5 and rent a VPS, but I want the MetaTrader4. how do I go about it?

samjesse:

When I try to get a VPS from this site, the button says Launch MetaTrader 5 and rent a VPS, but I want the MetaTrader4. how do I go about it?

https://youtu.be/yd3ar2y0pCo?list=PLltlMLQ7OLeKRRhrpy-pZ6REWYUf6W3SV

Did you miss the video right there on the page? It shows you how to do it from your desktop application. Maybe you have installed mt5 on accident.

Reason: