Experiments ... - page 24

mladen:

mntiwana

Here is an inverse fisher transform of CCI. If you set the ma period to 1, you shall see that in its nature cci is not too suitable for ift (whatever sensitivity I used, the results were far from expected). So, for cci, pre-ift calculation smoothing seems to be a must

kudos man .. pretty adjustable for any taste !

KumoBreake:

i dont know , i spend a little time with it , it seems to me this indi  has 2 mode : 1)trend 2)swing

i think the inverse fisher transform doesnt bring any value in mode 2 , maybe some visual aid in mode 1 . because there's 3 parameter involved it's not bad idea if u guys do a swamichart of indi with periods 10 to 200 for cci (or wide range for sensivity of inverse fisher transform) and  see if it brings value or not !

i did not understand you exact,can you illustrate pictures for better explanation

KumoBreake:

i explained the candle formation part horribly, indicator candlestick representation is somehow different from standard ohlc candlestick of price.

it's based on crosses of mentioned 4 filters . filter with highest value would make the high of candle , filter with 2nd highest value would make upper part of candle's body and space between those two filter would be shadow . filter with lowest value would make the low of the candle and other one would make the lower part of candle's body & again space between this two filter would be shadow . that's why i mean when i say there's 6 combination for OHLC , cause slow filter applied to low would never has a bigger value than slow filter applied to highs so it would never make

a high of candle (aka upper shadow) .

Frankly I am trying to understand that post :)

KumoBreake:

as i said it's pretty hard to tweak the 3 parameters to compare the indicators characteristics but i think (doesn't mean i'm right) u can get same indicator asi IFT CCI just with adjusting just MA & CCI period. right to do is code a swamichart of this indicator with different range sensitivity levels of inverse fisher transform to see if that actually brings value to analysis or not .

so in this chart i usec 50 for cci ,close price & 10 for linear weighted MA with 3 different ift (top to bottom : 20,80,160) as u can see and surely knew as we go from ift sensitivity of close to zero to 200+ the indi goes from trend following to swingy top/bottom catcher . but my problem is we can use different ma and cci periods and come up with this 2 mode almost exactly , so what did inverse fisher transform brings to the table ? if we want a trend then we most put ift close to zero ! if we want overbought oversold then choose a smaller period for ma and cci ! its just a observation.

in my poor opinion,no logic in your explanation,OR,i did not got your logic,if there is.

also,in my opinion,there is no overbought/oversold criteria in actual live market price,not and never any such estimated and self defined overbought/oversold areas/zones can bound and force to price,this is just peoples self creationary thoughts ........... price can move long ahead in over bought zone and or can get back from mid even.same in oversold area,so we cant decide and react,that price is reached in overbought/sold zones so it must turn back.NO.

regards

mntiwana:

in my poor opinion,no logic in your explanation,OR,i did not got your logic,if there is.

also,in my opinion,there is no overbought/oversold criteria in actual live market price,not and never any such estimated and self defined overbought/oversold areas/zones can bound and force to price,this is just peoples self creationary thoughts ........... price can move long ahead in over bought zone and or can get back from mid even.same in oversold area,so we cant decide and react,that price is reached in overbought/sold zones so it must turn back.NO.

regards

for sure , i agree with u on the whole concept of overbought oversold being bogus from technical analysis aspect ,although from human psychology and behavioral economic aspect there's a term as over reaction which is close to overbought oversold levels , but again i dont think technical tools can measure that .

holy grail ?! doesn't it look super good ? i used ribbon 2.6 & goertzel . as u can see goertzel is showing 4 strong cycles : 88,78,128,43

given that 128 is close to 43*3 , 88 & 78 are close to 43*2 then dominant period is 43 . so i used this number for ribbon 2.6 as fast period , for the slow period i used 86 ! but interesting part in my opinion is the average method which is VEMA !! for last 3 years i was against using any kinda volume based analysis in forex market but maybe there's something there . huh ... never thought of it .

p.s : keep in mind that goertzel values are changing every candle so it doesnt necessary means u know the right setting for the ribbon before . 

KumoBreake:

holy grail ?! doesn't it look super good ? i used ribbon 2.6 & goertzel . as u can see goertzel is showing 4 strong cycles : 88,78,128,43

given that 128 is close to 43*3 , 88 & 78 are close to 43*2 then dominant period is 43 . so i used this number for ribbon 2.6 as fast period , for the slow period i used 86 ! but interesting part in my opinion is the average method which is VEMA !! for last 3 years i was against using any kinda volume based analysis in forex market but maybe there's something there . huh ... never thought of it .

p.s : keep in mind that goertzel values are changing every candle so it doesnt necessary means u know the right setting for the ribbon before . 

VEMA and EMA may look very similar on the chart, but as cooperating averages with other indicators they have completely diffrent behavior (and some others where you expect really good results are not usable like EMAD or Ahrens). That's why I want mladen the Schaff Trend RSX vhf with averages. And yes, often older trader who never traded volume ticks are surprised what amazing tool they refused all the years. The worst a trader (and in many other areas of life too) can do is just smiling at other ideas.

krelian99:
VEMA and EMA may look very similar on the chart, but as cooperating averages with other indicators they have completely diffrent behavior (and some others where you expect really good results are not usable like EMAD or Ahrens). That's why I want mladen the Schaff Trend RSX vhf with averages. And yes, often older trader who never traded volume ticks are surprised what amazing tool they refused all the years. The worst a trader (and in many other areas of life too) can do is just smiling at other ideas.

krelian99

Averages in Schaff trend RSX could be used to replace ema in macd calculation. Is that what you had in mind (since in the RSX calculation it would not fit)?

krelian99:
mladen:

krelian99

Averages in Schaff trend RSX could be used to replace ema in macd calculation. Is that what you had in mind (since in the RSX calculation it would not fit)?

or is it possible to add option of volume weighting to all averages indicator (or ribbon)?it would be fun to see volume weighted supersmoother

here's another example on gold M5 . so the dominant period is 35 . set the fast & slow VEMA of ribbon 2.6 as 35 , 70 . chart looks pretty good to me for trading purposes. . funny thing , the dynamics of VEMA reminded me of kumo clouds which i used to love so take a look , i wasnt that far off !!

to be honest VEMA looks better !!

Reason: