How much should a new trader be risking?

I've read a few articles that say "real traders never trade more than 1% of their equity" so if this is true and I have £500 equity in my account. The biggest lot size I should be taking is 5?

Laiju Aktar:
Never invest your real money if you are confused about your own trading system. Recently I have started my live trading with my profitable trading system that I made in my practice account. On the other hand, I have reduced my risk percentage by using MTI Markets broker as, this ECN broker provided me big welcome bonus based on my trading balance.

It is only advisable to do trading with a Regulated ECN Forex broker as that will make sure that you can trade easily with them and get your profits also

Hi, I am a Professional Forex Fund Manager. If you are a Forex trader or willing to invest in Forex trading to gain profits up to 100-500% in 4 weeks, please check our trading results at: Pipscutter

E-mail: info@pipscutter.com

You can leave your email address to us, and we will contact you to share detailed information about Forex. Thank you.

I would say that one shouldn't be risking more than 1-3% of their equity, especially if they are a newbie. And that is only if you have a ready, working and tested (on a demo account) strategy in mind.

Forex trading is not easy if you don't know how to read the trends or have a very good strategy. I'm grateful that I have been able to get the best strategy and have taught so many individuals who have benefited from the trades. Teaching others to be successful is my joy. I would like to thank you all for the appreciation and I'm glad that I can be helpful to a lot of traders.

Contact me at info@pipscutter.com or Skype : mark.laurent7

A newbie should probably test their strategy on a demo accoun first before they even consider risking their money.

dianajs:
A newbie should probably test their strategy on a demo accoun first before they even consider risking their money.

A newbie should, after the demo, open a very small account in order to feel how is it to lose an account (since all of us are going to lose an account sooner or later)

This is nothing but broker advertisement. But maple, as a newbie i would suggest you to open an account with less leverage. In the beginning, you will get addicted to emoational trading and there is a possibility you end up losing all your money. So try to trade small lots,use correct use of your economics and finance while studing the fundamentals.

Make your entry and exit on the basis of technicals.

Newbie should only take a leverage of 1:100 initially while they are learning..Apply your strategies cautiously and trade with the amount you can afford to lose.

Keep your risks low and Profits limited for better learning experience!!!

on my own:
A newbie should, after the demo, open a very small account in order to feel how is it to lose an account (since all of us are going to lose an account sooner or later)

I agree. Some things you can learn only on a live account, such as dealing with the psychological pressure caused by the thought that you're trading with real money.

bingofx:
Risk setup is always the same 1-5% from deposit per trade. I prefer to risk no more than 2% from my 10K deposit as I trade volatile instrument such as Oil and Gold on my Hotforex platform,

Spamming, spamming?

Reason: