Best entry strategy ?

Hey,

iam searching for a good entry strategie! I use trendfollowing indicators (like turtlechannel..) and is it just me or do i always hit the worsest point to entry?! I mostly trade in H1 charts, and search for a good entry in 15M charts with the basic stochastic. Is that a good idea or can someone give me some tipps to save my nerves

Everyone is welcome to post his entry signals (if he wants to). That would be awesome!

Have a nice day,

Mathes

The best entry's (imo) are on the larger TFs

around the Daily TF, less frequency than say the 1hr or 4hr

but higher probability and bigger gains 2:1+ etc

and over more pairs / instruments, still relatively frequent

check for trades at 12am while having a beer, and much easier than getting up at 7am

Ok well, but in daily timeframes the far stopp loss is killing me and my heart. Look at EUR/USD today. I got a put option yesterday at 12:30 (that was probably a good decision). But now i want to place a second put option. The chart is going sideway since 9 am, H1 stochastic is pointing upwards. Do you think its a good decision to trade when the stochastic is crossing in H1? You sayed daily is the best timeframe, but well it is changing so slowly that it wont give me some usefull entry points in the next hours/days.

could nt really say about the 1hr as i only sometimes use it for exits,

Bank traders mostly only use the Daily and is as low as most go, and then wkly and Monthly for main direction

and also use the 1hr, sometimes for fine entry / exit

then they follow for the trend for 200-500pips+ for a few days / wk or so depending on the trend and what major news is coming up

stops don't necessarily have to be huge on the Daily, 150pips is sometimes enough, but can be less,

it usually just depends on where price is after the initial move that has triggered the entry indicator,

if price broke out, its likely to pullback before moving up or down again, so will need the extra to avoid being stopped out

or can wait for a pullback, but does risk being left behind and no safe re-entry

some on Forex Factory are entering on the Monthly and getting runs of 500-1000+ pips, but assume there stops are quite large

there is probably a million and one ways that could be considered the ideal, so best to experiment as much as possible

and not always stick to what is considered normal

Mathes14:
Ok well, but in daily timeframes the far stopp loss is killing me and my heart. Look at EUR/USD today. I got a put option yesterday at 12:30 (that was probably a good decision). But now i want to place a second put option. The chart is going sideway since 9 am, H1 stochastic is pointing upwards. Do you think its a good decision to trade when the stochastic is crossing in H1? You sayed daily is the best timeframe, but well it is changing so slowly that it wont give me some usefull entry points in the next hours/days.

Mathes14

Daily charts are best for overall trend estimations

Lower time frames are "polluted" with noise, Why don't you use daily ty to determine the trend and hourly to trade in the direction of that trend?

Ok thanks, in general i focus on the daily chart to determe the trend and hourly to find goot entry points. But for example look EUR/USD again tody. Right at the moment my H1 stochastic is pointing downwards ( the daily trend is downwards) but also M15 is pointing upwards. Thats a problem because i set my stop loss is very tight.

My rule for the SL is: 1,5 x ATR --> for example H1 EUR/USD= 1,5 x 10 =15 pips. I know thats not much but if i would raise my SL i must decrease my money.

Mathes14:
Ok thanks, in general i focus on the daily chart to determe the trend and hourly to find goot entry points. But for example look EUR/USD again tody. Right at the moment my H1 stochastic is pointing downwards ( the daily trend is downwards) but also M15 is pointing upwards. Thats a problem because i set my stop loss is very tight. My rule for the SL is: 1,5 x ATR --> for example H1 EUR/USD= 1,5 x 10 =15 pips. I know thats not much but if i would raise my SL i must decrease my money.

If you are not scalping, forget 15 minute chart. Anything under 1 hour is not suitable for trend trading

you should need to know what the price action is doing and that is why you need to know overall price action and its context rather than relying too heavily on indicators and candlestick or any other patterns.

rgds

Wait...why are you trading options? Why are you buying puts here? Where do you think it is going to go?

Alex

Files:

No just a imprecise description. I went short because trend is downwards and as you can see stochastic is crossing. I dont know how long maybe until 1,365 or 1,35 iam not sure but the point is that i need a really good entry if i just can handle 15 pips against my direction But maybe im wrong the future will tell us

Files:
dfgh.jpg  159 kb

Just consider that EURUSD has moved 300 pips in five trading days. You might want to consider waiting until prices revert to the mean before entering short trying to catch the last 50 pips with a 15 pip stop. The way to play the short side was on the failure at 1.40. In forex, timing is everything. Rather than worry about 15 minute stochastics, you should try and figure out why your short is at least 250 pips too late. The risk of a bounce here is very high. Even though there might be enough momentum to reach your target, you might not be so lucky the next time. Trying catch the last few percent of a move is not a strategy that will keep you liquid over the long term.

Also, I looked at your chart and I would consider other ways of drawing your trend line.

Good luck on your trade.

Reason: