Are you a good trader? - page 2

xx3xxx:
not that easy, watch the movie limitless (youtube or imdb) , the reality is just reverse

just like breaking into the safe of big bank(make day trade winning), forex is that hard -- seems that the market will only release a few moment daily for you to win money

the only way that I can think of , you have 20x -- to be spared on your 1 short position and bet like old people with relatives in australia, europe etc -- then you could have a slim chance to wait for your chance to CASH IN

Hmmm...I can say that I am a good trader but never always successful in my trades. Forex market is liquid and I cannot always bet the movement of the currency.

Melle:
Hmmm...I can say that I am a good trader but never always successful in my trades. Forex market is liquid and I cannot always bet the movement of the currency.

IMO we cannot measure good traders by the profits or the winning trades. Good trader must be a well disciplined tperson to control emotions along with good money management techniques.

Yea i dont think there is a perfect trader that can be always winning without lossing. I think we are trying our own possible to become a real good trader by learning about every thing that is concerns this business.

But if you think you are the perfect traders- there is a way to test your trading skills- who is the best trader- by competing against each other

How does one define a "good" trader? Is it by the amount he makes or how he handles trades? I can't say I'm good, I often make really bad trades and lose money but I'm getting a bit of consistency here and there.

Aleksy:
How does one define a "good" trader? Is it by the amount he makes or how he handles trades? I can't say I'm good, I often make really bad trades and lose money but I'm getting a bit of consistency here and there.

A good trader is one who can rely on trading income as a primary source of income. Losses are part of trading and it is not possible to trade without a single loss.

TheLastBear:
A good trader is one who can rely on trading income as a primary source of income. Losses are part of trading and it is not possible to trade without a single loss.

But a good trader can minimize losses.

As for me a "good trader" is a trader, who is almost always in profit. or at least he follows the plan for the profit.

I still have losses, and I don't trade the whole day, that's why it's hard say am I "good" trader or not. Guess, not yet)

Alexandrel77:
a lot of people becomes successful and becomes rich with trading in forex , so what is the qualities that makes them different , are they use experts or manual trading or indicators , what do u think ??

I think manual trading is the best for me because you can improve your trading skills and knowledge while trading in your own but I am not saying that using EA's is not profitable. It depends on how you use your trading method in normal and volatile markets.

Melle:
I think manual trading is the best for me because you can improve your trading skills and knowledge while trading in your own but I am not saying that using EA's is not profitable. It depends on how you use your trading method in normal and volatile markets.

Yeah agree with you. I always do manual trading.

Reason: