Scalping

Hi to all..I'm new to scalping..I'm getting confused on this forum also because there is a lot of material inside..I ask for advice on the best scalping strategies to start trading. Thanks in advance.

Ahhh, the eternal theme ...

For start, you can go to this thread : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178383 and after that continue with some similar ones.

gigiocean:
Hi to all..I'm new to scalping..I'm getting confused on this forum also because there is a lot of material inside..I ask for advice on the best scalping strategies to start trading. Thanks in advance.

gigiocean:

A typical scalper often trades in and out multiple times during a day. Let me share an example of a Forex scalping strategy with you:

1) Drop to a low time frame; e.g. M5

2) Identify the support and resistance of the channel

3) Put a pending buy order 5 pips above the resistance, and a pending sell order 5 pips below the support

4) When one order is triggered, remove the other

Exit your trade with 10-15 pips.

RiichiYen:
A typical scalper often trades in and out multiple times during a day. Let me share an example of a Forex scalping strategy with you:

1) Drop to a low time frame; e.g. M5

2) Identify the support and resistance of the channel

3) Put a pending buy order 5 pips above the resistance, and a pending sell order 5 pips below the support

4) When one order is triggered, remove the other

Exit your trade with 10-15 pips.

Totally agree with you mate. May be we can use several indicators such as MAs, Oscilliators, etc to make a perfect strategy. But the important thing is to control the risk.

In conjunction with the above strategy, you must sit close to your system while the trade is open. Scalping when done the right way is very profitable.

There was a thread on forexfactory about scalping on the 1-5min TF. His name c-12 and the thread was called the "one minute wonder thread" he has consistent results. You should check it out if you want to see how he does it.

Thank you for your helpful answers..judo, did you find the right way that's profitable?

mladen:
Ahhh, the eternal theme ... For start, you can go to this thread : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178383 and after that continue with some similar ones.

From my experience I have found most of scalping EA is failed. The thing that frustrates me in choosing scalping EA is risk/reward ratio in making order. As I see they are using large sl against a tight tp. Is this a good strategy? Why should I risk more money to profit less amount? So I don't like scalping EA.

Since HFT went in normal scalping simply can not match with HFT. And with spreads (or commissions) as they are right now, brokers clearly prevented scalping for small players

Also, for further information about scalping there's a guy named, C-12, a poster from forexfactory, has been having success with scalping using a 1m timeframe. His post is titled One Minute Wonder Thread. I personally don't use 1m timeframes, I do scalp from time to time but I stick with 15m chart, I look at 1hr or 30min charts for the trend then look for an entry with the 15m chart.

Reason: