Parabolic Sar Expert Advisor

Please... anyone help me.

i want to make Expert Advisor using Parabolic sar. but i don't know meta editor.

according to my strategy i want to place order when first dot appear. can anyone help me?

daminda1989

Some threads with SAR EAs :

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179148

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178229

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177777

Maybe toy find that what you need is already in some of those threads

daminda1989:
Please... anyone help me.

i want to make Expert Advisor using Parabolic sar. but i don't know meta editor.

according to my strategy i want to place order when first dot appear. can anyone help me?

...is there a functional generic EA that works on change of color of a custom indicator? (indicator that can be placed in EA) like input the name of it...

Did you try the EA builder?

I don't know what is the "quality of the code it makes or can it handle what you need, but maybe worth a try. This is the page for it : Expert Advisor Builder for MetaTrader 4

Pava:
...is there a functional generic EA that works on change of color of a custom indicator? (indicator that can be placed in EA) like input the name of it...

I will look at it.........but...when it comes to coding I am a "0" with a huge "-" + "~":)

I don't think they have space for custom indicator...their indicators are preselected...may be I can stick mine inside of the code...

:)

The rest of similar builders are (as far as I know) commercial. Will check some more (just in case). Frankly, I don't use them so I have limited info abut these kind of builders that would allow generic kind of usage

Pava:
I will look at it.........but...when it comes to coding I am a "0" with a huge "-" + "~":) I don't think they have space for custom indicator...their indicators are preselected...may be I can stick mine inside of the code...

I know...I thought there is some generic EA...so I can turn it on at specific hour...which will allow me to do something else for an hour or two...while it places order according to my indicator...and when I come back to computer screen, surprise, surprise:)...HaHa

thanks to all for reply.

I tested above expert advisors. but not good for me. i need a expert advisor using following parameters

using parabolic sar indicator

step = 0.02 (default settings)

place buy order = appear lower first dot

place sell order = appear upper first dot

Take profit = 30

Stop loss = 30

trailing stop 15

any time frame

someone help me......

Hi daminda1989!

One of the challenges of working with the parabolic SAR is that it repaints. Repainting is when the indicator changes previous values when new data is received.

For example, the screenshot below shows the SAR dots below the recent candles. When the current candle (19:35) closes, the SAR dot (circled in red) may be moved above the candle’s high - this all depends on the indicator's calculations. It’s obviously difficult to show this with screenshots, but if you sit and watch the indicator on a 1 minute chart for 30-60 minutes, you will probably see it.

One possible work-around is to have the EA only place trades when the previous 2 SAR dots are on the same side, and then trigger a trade. I’ve never tried this myself, but I’ve heard from other traders that this ‘filter’ may resolve the issue.

Hope this helps, good luck!

BB

Reason: