Why is the trend our friend? - page 6

If somebody is trading a trending system he should be prepared that in a lot of cases he will lose and tha in a lot of cases it will not look like the trend is a friend. Only big moves (and proper MM) are making trend systems profitable

techmac:
If somebody is trading a trending system he should be prepared that in a lot of cases he will lose and tha in a lot of cases it will not look like the trend is a friend. Only big moves (and proper MM) are making trend systems profitable

Techmac,

You are correct when dealing with smaller time frames but, if you look at weekly, daily, and even 4hr charts you will see magnificent trends that hugely increase your chance for success. There are two problems most people have: 1- They lack the patience to trade larger time frames; 2- They are so greedy they want to get in on the beginning of a trend by looking for a reversal (or new trend) rather than trading in the direction of the established trend after a correction (which requires an understanding of momentum indicators and candlestick patterns). You bring up another good point. Without proper money management you will be eaten alive regardless of your trading method and time frame.

Kind regards,

gcg

Trend trading is a simple way to cover up some strategy imperfections by identifying the strongest trends in the market.

The example of AUDUSD or EURAUD these days shows that the "trend is - not always - your friend" and that in some cases the excesses of sentiment must be studied carefully and interpreted in thecontrarian optics.

If so, then which pair you would like to recommend for us! What is the secret. Comfortably please give the suggestion what should be followed. I know trading is very big things!

Trend can be your friend but don't forget to have an overview of the market, since trend can reverse anytime. Having an overview and analysis, knowing the news release times, expecting the news... etc. can help you to get prepared and don't get surprised when trend reversal happens.

Trend is your friend even when you go against it. It is much more difficult to find good entry point when there is nothing going on on the market. If you don't know which direction the market will go, place two opposite pending orders with TP over the SL of the opposite one.

Swile:
Trend is your friend even when you go against it. It is much more difficult to find good entry point when there is nothing going on on the market. If you don't know which direction the market will go, place two opposite pending orders with TP over the SL of the opposite one.

Can you explain about this strategy ? Are you profitable with it ?

Luck is another important things for this!! You know what today when I was going to closed my trade with a good profit, the right time my computer crashed and logged OFF!! Then I restart it and you know what happened!!

I just saw that what was my profit, I was seen then same amount in negative is my lose status there! SO how do you explain that? Something can't not be defined with any technical, scientific, algorithmic, or specific.

Thanks

fxplay1:
If so, then which pair you would like to recommend for us! What is the secret. Comfortably please give the suggestion what should be followed. I know trading is very big things!

My response to that is covered in another thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181951 along with suggestions from others.

Good luck,

gcg

Reason: