How much profit do you expect? - page 2

I'm always happy with a continues profits of $250 per week. I know it's a lowest amount comparing to thousands of traders out there, but it's pretty enough for me considering country where I live in.

Forex Grandeur:
I'm always happy with a continues profits of $250 per week. I know it's a lowest amount comparing to thousands of traders out there, but it's pretty enough for me considering country where I live in.

If I may know : what is your account size?

My expectation are according to may capital, I had lost a huge amount while trading with bad money management but now I only risk small and aim for little profit target.

Though I am totally new in Forex trading. I . don't expect a big amount of money from it. Just 7-10% is enough for now.

Ashwell John:
Though I am totally new in Forex trading. I . don't expect a big amount of money from it. Just 7-10% is enough for now.

Hello Ashwell,

All i can say is that you must be looking to learn at this moment rather than earning.

This is one most common mistake that is made by the traders

And at this time you should be doing trades in the Demo accounts

The correct question should be : how much loses do you expect?

Starting with the optimistic approach is good but is like closing the eyes before jumping

Hey thank you @Isabelle Watson for your suggestion here. I thought it later learning first then earning. Basically not mine but everybody should learn first. Then start earning. I'll going to do this.

Are there people that start trading without learning first?

That would be something

As many traders I had too high expectations from forex trading,When i thin realistically I just expect some percentage of profit. we are never satisfied and want more more profits. .this thing some times lead us to do greedy trading. . I do not want to suffer from dangers of greed so I decide to do trading with proper risk.

At the end of a trading day, it is the draw down that matters the most than the profit. The risk to blow your account gets larger as the draw down gets bigger. As long as the draw down is small, I would remain hopeful of making profit in the next trading day. Draw down reflects the strength of your trading system. By keeping the draw down lower, you will continue to trade confidently and see better performance (profits) in trading. I prefer around 1% per day on my capital. Needless to say that I always wish to achieve that with extremely low draw down.

Reason: