NRTR Ichi Trading System - page 16

Temster:
I have also seen ND mention the Fozzy EA....and I have already been looking at it and reading the post. thanks..

One last thing about the "News filter" thought.... I did a search for News filter on TSD and noticed that you implemented some kind of news filter for TickScalper. Is it functional? Not much is said about it. If functional....is it implementable here?

I understand the general consensus from TSD is "scalper" EA's are risky.

I have several different accounts...the larger for Fozzy type EA's (lower risk).

The smaller ones...for High risk scalpers that I pull money out of often.

If the account blows.....(has happened) it is small loss due to small account size, and starting capital has already been removed.

I have been spending many late nights searching this TSD for candidates for both types of accounts.

And of course the micro accounts that I kill regularly for my manual trading. I have figured out that if I just place trades exactly opposite of what I am thinking...I will be rich. LOL.

Thanks again for your time and input.

Temster ,been awhile since I tested it but from my memory the news filter in TickScalper is not functional, because used it in another Ea and it didn't close any open trades, or stop Ea from trading during the news, plus it was not very cpu friendly.

mrtools:
Temster ,been awhile since I tested it but from my memory the news filter in TickScalper is not functional, because used it in another Ea and it didn't close any open trades, or stop Ea from trading during the news, plus it was not very cpu friendly.

Mr. Tools,

I figured as much....Thanks

Your Max Spread idea is still viable.....I don't see it in the input settings...can it be added?

Also the Volty trailing stop....can you explain its function?

Just wondering what could be done to allow for a larger profit if conditions were permitting

I started forward testing this system on Monday. I am using the EA from Post #132

For now I am using default settings.

I will send update with progress end of the week.

Thanks again.

Mr. Tools,

One other thing.

On the chart window in red I have a couple of messages that say "error occurred invalid ticket"

I have the section for show messages as "True".

I was not smart enough to look in the journal or experts tab be for I reset my MT4.

Just curious about the meaning.

Temster:
Mr. Tools,

One other thing.

On the chart window in red I have a couple of messages that say "error occurred invalid ticket"

I have the section for show messages as "True".

I was not smart enough to look in the journal or experts tab be for I reset my MT4.

Just curious about the meaning.
Temster:
Mr. Tools,

I figured as much....Thanks

Your Max Spread idea is still viable.....I don't see it in the input settings...can it be added?

Also the Volty trailing stop....can you explain its function?

Just wondering what could be done to allow for a larger profit if conditions were permitting

I started forward testing this system on Monday. I am using the EA from Post #132

For now I am using default settings.

I will send update with progress end of the week.

Thanks again.

Temster and ValeoFx,

Added the spread protection, and for ValleoFx modified the rsi call (but for now its not complete,but will work) am forward testing now to make sure things are right and if all is well will post it later today.

About the Volty trailing stop the Ea should trail the order using the settings you choose for the Volty channel stop on jurik for Ea if you use it, it will use Volty.initialStopLoss as kind of a safety barrier.

And about the error make sure if you are using an ECN broker to have EcnBroker = true, can't think of what else could be causing that error.

mrtools:
Temster and ValeoFx,

Temster, wasn't able to test the spread protection back test wise don't think there is any way to, any way to activate the spread protection(copying and pasting comments from Ea), if SpreadProtection = true; // If the spread is widen than normal (News time) we will not open positions or continue positions until it normalize

and PipTolerance = 2; // value in pips over normal spread to activate the SpreadProtection.

Best time to activate the spread protection is when you know there is no active news and spreads are normal, then you will have a more accurate normal spread.

Mr. Tools

Again....most appreciated.

I have been forward testing version 1d since the beginning of the week.

At $1 per win and $5 per loss, I am up $9. (default settings)

I took a look at my losses and it turns out that 6 out of 10 losses happen the hour that London Market opens. I have good trades before and after. I looked back thru the chart and a consistent "W" shaped (or inverse)pattern happens at this time.

I would like to eliminate this time from trading while preserving the time before and after.

Is it possible to add a couple more start and stop times?

I have been looking at the code and I see where the start and stop time is placed. I am going to try and add them my self (not a coder but smart enough to be a danger to myself...LOL).

This EA as is winning 85% of the time as is(10 pairs). Removing this one hour will bump it to 90% + (excluding news). This EA seems to have a lot of promise. I will post my results to the forum this weekend.

Thanks

Tempster,

I read an article sometime this year where FXCM published their research data and found that something like 80%+ of losses are incurred during the London open period.

You have something very valid in your observations especially EAs.

I would be most interested to see your results and to see from when onwards are more stable periods.

Best regards,

Foward Testing Live account

All,

Attached is the statement of my live account.

One thing I failed to mention is the other bad time for this EA.

If you look at the statement you will see it is sorted by losses then wins.

If you look at the time of the losses you will see two distinct times for the losses.

The 0900 hour (London opens) and the 1400 hour (US opens)

Today I had 5 losses in the 1400 hour alone and I was only testing till the 1500 hour.

There are only 2 losses outside of those hours.

Tomorrow I will limit the EA to only trade between 1000 and 1345.

There are a lot of trades in this time frame (London only market excluding the first hour)

I have had success with trades before the London market opens.

That is why I would love the multiple starting and stopping times.

I think after reading some where brokers don't like 10 pip wins, I bump up a couple of the "take profits" by a few of pips.

The graph looked fair until today's US market open.

Again this is the EA from post #132

Files:

Temster:
All,

Attached is the statement of my live account.

One thing I failed to mention is the other bad time for this EA.

If you look at the statement you will see it is sorted by losses then wins.

If you look at the time of the losses you will see two distinct times for the losses.

The 0900 hour (London opens) and the 1400 hour (US opens)

Today I had 5 losses in the 1400 hour alone and I was only testing till the 1500 hour.

There are only 2 losses outside of those hours.

Tomorrow I will limit the EA to only trade between 1000 and 1345.

There are a lot of trades in this time frame (London only market excluding the first hour)

I have had success with trades before the London market opens.

That is why I would love the multiple starting and stopping times.

I think after reading some where brokers don't like 10 pip wins, I bump up a couple of the "take profits" by a few of pips.

The graph looked fair until today's US market open.

Again this is the EA from post #132

All,

I do want to make a correction on this as far as the timing.

I was off by an hour on the times of loss.

The hour BEFORE London market opens many losses

The first hour of the London market a couple of losses

The hour BEFORE US market opens many losses

There are no losses other then those 3 hours.

Today (Friday 19 April) I am allowing the EA to run between 0900 and 1145 London time GMT +1

I will stick with this schedule for now.

I will update later today with results.

I also running on 12 pairs

Sorry for my confusion

mrtools:
Temster and ValeoFx,

Added the spread protection, and for ValleoFx modified the rsi call (but for now its not complete,but will work) am forward testing now to make sure things are right and if all is well will post it later today.

About the Volty trailing stop the Ea should trail the order using the settings you choose for the Volty channel stop on jurik for Ea if you use it, it will use Volty.initialStopLoss as kind of a safety barrier.

And about the error make sure if you are using an ECN broker to have EcnBroker = true, can't think of what else could be causing that error.

Please try this version, ValeoFx the Ea now shouldn't trade when price is in rsi oversold or overbought condition, was not able to add your other idea code wise, once I figure it out will add but for not added the rsi slope to the rsi signal, rsi sloping up and between oversold and overbought level then buy the opposite for sell slope wise.

Temster, wasn't able to test the spread protection back test wise don't think there is any way to, any way to activate the spread protection(copying and pasting comments from Ea), if SpreadProtection = true; // If the spread is widen than normal (News time) we will not open positions or continue positions until it normalize

and PipTolerance = 2; // value in pips over normal spread to activate the SpreadProtection.

Best time to activate the spread protection is when you know there is no active news and spreads are normal, then you will have a more accurate normal spread.

Hi, I found this ea very interesting and would like to try it. However, there are no trades evenam sing the latest version with default settings. Could somebody assist, please.

Reason: