Steady EA

Hello everyone, I wanted to post an EA I been working on, perhaps we can improve it together as right now it is very bare bones. I do ask that if anyone borrows any code from this ea and modifies it or improves it to please post it back here.

The Ea is simple, it is a combination of candle patterns with a stochastic filter and pivot points as well. I am aware that this combination is not new but it is implemented in a unique way here.

Here is the EA and the indicator files. The settings are hard coded into the EA.

elitecamper:
Hello everyone, I wanted to post an EA I been working on, perhaps we can improve it together as right now it is very bare bones. I do ask that if anyone borrows any code from this ea and modifies it or improves it to please post it back here.

The Ea is simple, it is a combination of candle patterns with a stochastic filter and pivot points as well. I am aware that this combination is not new but it is implemented in a unique way here.

Here is the EA and the indicator files. The settings are hard coded into the EA.

Thanks a lot Elitecamper!!!!!

Forgot to mention that the ea is to be used with 15 min time frame. And that it works best with Eurusd and Gbpusd.

Also the way it is right now, if there is an open trade, and it gets an opposing buy or sell signal it closes the trade and opens a new one in the direction of the new signal. That's the way it is for now, but that may not be optimal.

elitecamper:

Hi elitecamper,

Sounds like something from John L Person's book. He introduced three pivot based systems in that book and one of them is similar to yours. I also coded one EA based on his description for pivot and stochastic combination. See my post yesterday in request & ideas. Interested in yours.

pooh

pooh123:
Hi elitecamper,

Sounds like something from John L Person's book. He introduced three pivot based systems in that book and one of them is similar to yours. I also coded one EA based on his description for pivot and stochastic combination. See my post yesterday in request & ideas. Interested in yours.

pooh

Hi elitecamper,

Just found you used Mladen's pivot point plus v1.01. Guess what ? I used his pivot point plus v1.02 in my version of the pivot EA. I'm getting more and more interested in your EA. Thanks for sharing.

pooh

pooh123:
Hi elitecamper,

Just found you used Mladen's pivot point plus v1.01. Guess what ? I used his pivot point plus v1.02 in my version of the pivot EA. I'm getting more and more interested in your EA. Thanks for sharing.

pooh

Hello Pooh, thanks for your kind words. I am not familiar with the author or book you mentioned but it sounds like an interesting read. This Ea I put together is just from ideas and testing and seeing what fits well together. I was using mladen's pivot point plus to try to catch market cycles but it evolved from that into something different. And now we have this EA which I don't really consider it an EA just yet it is more like a signal which can be put in an EA or made into an EA. But I am glad you liked it so far.

Hi elitecamper,

In his book, John L Person presented three pivot based trading systems, two of which are worth mentioning.

System 1) Signal is based on pivot level and stochastic, m15. Only two exit modes: tp 40 pips and sl 100 pips.

System 2) signal is based on pivot level, crossing of two simple moving average of true price ((high+low+close)/3), and candlestick pattern (doji,etc).

Both systems work with m15. Based on the description of your post#1, your EA looks like a combination of the two systems. But maybe your EA is much different. I haven't looked at the codes yet. Will spend some time on it.

pooh123:
Hi elitecamper,

In his book, John L Person presented three pivot based trading systems, two of which are worth mentioning.

System 1) Signal is based on pivot level and stochastic, m15. Only two exit modes: tp 40 pips and sl 100 pips.

System 2) signal is based on pivot level, crossing of two simple moving average of true price ((high+low+close)/3), and candlestick pattern (doji,etc).

Both systems work with m15. Based on the description of your post#1, your EA looks like a combination of the two systems. But maybe your EA is much different. I haven't looked at the codes yet. Will spend some time on it.

Hello Pooh, the EA is using two candle stick patterns and they go like this: if close 4 is greater than support 1 and close 3 is greater than support 1 and close 2 is LESS than support 1 and candle 1 is greater than support 1, then buy.

The second pattern which is the better signal in my opinion is the following. If close 4 is greater than support 1 and close 3 is greater than support 1 and low 2 is LESS than support 1 and close 1 is greater than support 1 then buy.

I hope that makes sense it is simple but there is a lot going on.

Those are the patterns but it is really the stochastic filter on top of them that makes it work.

I coded a version inspired by the first Pearson system. Here it is.

I forgot to hard code the settings for the Pearson Pivot EA so here it is. Also it is not profitable but it is an interesting system, currently I am working on making modifications to it.

Files:

Hi elitecamper,

I coded an EA based on the same system from Person too. Basically it's 100% of my understanding of what Person described for the system. I posted it in Request & Ideas. Backtesting shows that it's not profitable, although it has a winning % of 69% during 10 years backtest, due to the unfavorable tp and sl ratio of 40 vs 100. The test report in the book shows the system written in Easy Language has a winning % of 67%, but is hugely profitable. So I'm puzzled. Now I'm glad to see your are working on the same system. It's like I have a comrade now.

I've put your Steady-EA on forward testing since Thursday evening. However, it didn't place any trades. There're no error messages either. How often does this EA place trades ?

One other thing, I checked the codes and it seems to me that, only S1 and R1 are used for signaling. Have you tried S2, R2,S3 and R3 and discarded them for being less reliable ?

Reason: