Something interesting, old thread - page 7

Doc

Try this one )even though I am not completely sure that it will do what you expect, I really can not test it completely due to broker difference). It will not draw a line if the time of the line falls at Saturday or Sunday. If you wish to include Sunday, change the "0" in the line saying if (str.day_of_week>0 && str.day_of_week<6) to -1 or completely remove the first condition. The same can be done for Saturday time

dr.house7:
Hi Mladen,

please take a look (my broker gmt is -2, your is 0, that's the reason)

Files:

Pattern Recognition Master with alert.

mladen:
Doc Try this one )even though I am not completely sure that it will do what you expect, I really can not test it completely due to broker difference). It will not draw a line if the time of the line falls at Saturday or Sunday. If you wish to include Sunday, change the "0" in the line saying if (str.day_of_week>0 && str.day_of_week<6) to -1 or completely remove the first condition. The same can be done for Saturday time

Thanks Mladen,

your mod is perfect, I changed only this

TimeToStruct(time-shiftGMT ,str);

but how could I have a new vertical line with displacement? (like you done for the horizontal lines)

Doc

Make 2 lin names and the use something like this :

StringConcatenate(line_name1,IntegerToString(str.hour,2,'0'),":",IntegerToString(str.min,2,'0'),"_N",line_counter);

StringConcatenate(line_name2,IntegerToString(str.hour,2,'0'),":",IntegerToString(str.min,2,'0'),"_N",line_counter);

[/PHP]

Also make the time for the 2 lines different too when you draw them (but as far as I see that is already what you want to do )

dr.house7:
Thanks Mladen, your mod is perfect, I changed only this [PHP]TimeToStruct(time-shiftGMT ,str);
but how could I have a new vertical line with displacement? (like you done for the horizontal lines)

mladen:
Doc

Make 2 lin names and the use something like this :

StringConcatenate(line_name1,IntegerToString(str.hour,2,'0'),":",IntegerToString(str.min,2,'0'),"_N",line_counter);

StringConcatenate(line_name2,IntegerToString(str.hour,2,'0'),":",IntegerToString(str.min,2,'0'),"_N",line_counter);

Also make the time for the 2 lines different too when you draw them (but as far as I see that is already what you want to do )

Thanks to be my teacher

The problem with metatrader (any version of metatrader) is that when it comes to time values of objects, those time values are bar bound (and example you can set the time of an object on a 1 hour chart to nn:30 but it will still be drawn either on nn hours bar or nn+1 hours bar. So in cases when bars are missing (ot in cases like there is a normal weekend - missing bars again) you can find yourself in a lot of trouble.

If there were no time gaps, everything would be easy, but with time gaps everything is much, much more complicated. But then, artificial filling can not be done (just imagine what would it to to a moving average) so we are forced to do whatever we can in order to avoid all these

In short, you took a task that is easy on a first glance, but not easy at all when you do it far all the things said above

dr.house7:
Thanks to be my teacher

mladen:
The problem with metatrader (any version of metatrader) is that when it comes to time values of objects, those time values are bar bound (and example you can set the time of an object on a 1 hour chart to nn:30 but it will still be drawn either on nn hours bar or nn+1 hours bar. So in cases when bars are missing (ot in cases like there is a normal weekend - missing bars again) you can find yourself in a lot of trouble.

If there were no time gaps, everything would be easy, but with time gaps everything is much, much more complicated. But then, artificial filling can not be done (just imagine what would it to to a moving average) so we are forced to do whatever we can in order to avoid all these

In short, you took a task that is easy on a first glance, but not easy at all when you do it far all the things said above

Infact I got many doubts about these possible problems...

anyway I tried to do my best...

doc lines

I did work for this for a couple days and finally I got something interesting (thanks to Mladen) ...this indicator show you vertical lines and horizontal lines that you can set in very different ways...for example in my picture there are entry levels (dash yellow lines) and TP (solid lime lines), but you can easily change all distance of all lines and find the best way to work with it.

Than there are vertical lines on the most hot hours, but you can easily change on settings.

Best regards

doc

Files:
doc_lines.png  77 kb
doc_lines.mq5  10 kb

MACD simple with limit

Dear Mladen,

do you have a macd simple with bars limitation (like your cci simple)? I tried to make it without success

Regards

doc

Try out this one ...

Doc

This would be a simplest way to calculate MACD. But, it is hard to limit it to just certain number of bars (EMA needs some bars to claculate before "stabilizing") Anyway, try it out. It is even a correct MACD (again built in MACD is using SMA instead of EMA for signal line, and original MACD should use EMA for signal line)

dr.house7:
Dear Mladen,

do you have a macd simple with bars limitation (like your cci simple)? I tried to make it without success

Regards

doc
Files:
Reason: