Metatrader known bugs ... - page 112

friend4you:

I tested many indicators, so that the list ends with L. How many indicators does mt4 show?

Is there a way to see more without deleting others?

It's hard to understand why some indicators are shown and some not in the mt4 list, abc ist not the only reason.

Better to use new folders, but name the folder without ".". I have 20 in there, but mt4 shows only few. Has someone a link to a documentation of what mt4 shows in indicators and experts lists? Who shall know it, when not on a metaquotes board.
It is the time when they are created in the indicators folder - all the rest is sorting that list. You must delete some

Thanks, but that cannot be the only reason. I added some backspaces in front of indicators and they are often in front, when i create subfolders in indicators, most ex4 are ignored. Are mq4-files ignored when there is a ex4-file with same name?

Another problem: Does it help to decompile old mq4-files in metaeditor of 2012 when new version lists errors?

friend4you:

Thanks, but that cannot be the only reason. I added some backspaces in front of indicators and they are often in front, when i create subfolders in indicators, most ex4 are ignored. Are mq4-files ignored when there is a ex4-file with same name?

Another problem: Does it help to decompile old mq4-files in metaeditor of 2012 when new version lists errors?

I don't think that any decompiling will help to anything (especially since you can not decompile the new ex4 files)

friend4you:

Why would decompiling help?

friend4you:
Sorry, I meant compile. When new metaeditor shows errors, how do do I make an ex4 without changing the code? Can metatrader understnad 2012 version ex4 better than old mq4?
It depends : there are some incompatibilities with the old builds. If the compiler shows errors, then the code must be adjusted

Sorry, I meant compile. When new metaeditor shows errors, how do do I make an ex4 without changing the code? Does metatrader understand 2012 version ex4-file better than old mq4?

Previous builds were drawing a buffer even when DRAW_NONE was specified as drawing type. It is not so any more, and if the code depended on that, it has to be changed

mladen:
Previous builds were drawing a buffer even when DRAW_NONE was specified as drawing type. It is not so any more, and if the code depended on that, it has to be changed
Any other incompatibility?

techmac:
Any other incompatibility?
Did not find any - yet.

Looks like ex4 files from some builds (910 and 920) are not working with new builds
Reason: