Triangular moving average (TMA) ... - page 58

hi mladen & mrtools,

could you pls make this indi mtf? many thanks in advance.

triangularma_centered1.mq4

Quintarrin:
Hello Mladen. Thank you very much for all the information you share. I'm using the not centered TMA with mtf bands you posted already in this thread and would like to have an alert when the candle closes outside the channel, I read almost all this thread but couldn't find such alert. Could you please indicate where can I find it. Thank you very much. This is the indicator I'm talking about "TMA nrp + bands_mtf.mq4"

Quintarrin, added the alerts.

Thanks a lot MrTools

engula:
hi mladen & mrtools,

could you pls make this indi mtf? many thanks in advance.

triangularma_centered1.mq4

Check post 24 of this thread

Quintarrin:
Thanks a lot MrTools Check post 24 of this thread

thanks, but mine is different and i'm not looking for bands.

Hello Mladen-Mrtools.

I have an indicator from the Elite Section called 'alb TriangularMa centered abands alerts 3 nmc'.

I am aware that most TMA indicators repaint.

I guess this one does not, apart from the fact that it recalculates in MTF mode ?

Just to be sure ...

Wulong10:
Hello Mladen-Mrtools.

I have an indicator from the Elite Section called 'alb TriangularMa centered abands alerts 3 nmc'.

I am aware that most TMA indicators repaint.

I guess this one does not, apart from the fact that it recalculates in MTF mode ?

Just to be sure ...

Wulong10

All centered TMA indicators recalculate. Only end-pointed versions of centered TMA do not (ie: since it was proved that end-pointed version of centered TMA is equal to LWMA, only LWMA that would be adaptive would not recalculate)

But, since LWMA must use integer bound periods, it is not a good "candidate" for adapting

mladen:
Wulong10

All centered TMA indicators recalculate. Only end-pointed versions of centered TMA do not (ie: since it was proved that end-pointed version of centered TMA is equal to LWMA, only LWMA that would be adaptive would not recalculate)

But, since LWMA must use integer bound periods, it is not a good "candidate" for adapting

Hi Mladen, thanks for all the information that you have shared to date.

Question: What do you use that gives best/accurate results and what is the final version and which indicator is recommended. I am lost because there are too many versions of everything.

crazzzzzy:
Hi Mladen, thanks for all the information that you have shared to date. Question: What do you use that gives best/accurate results and what is the final version and which indicator is recommended. I am lost because there are too many versions of everything.

These is no simple answer to that

Please read this post for start : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page526

Thanks for the info, Mladen, will use BBs and/or Projection Bands instead.

hi mladen, can you please shed some light on half span average and full span average? I dont get what it is. English is a problem for me to understand. Do we have indicators that plot these?

Reason: