Do I Need to Put My REAL Name & Address in Demo Account? - page 2

Paul75:
I want to know that when we registrar in demo account then it is compulsory to put real name, address and other info.

Open a demo account no need to give real. It depend on your wish. But Demo contest also need to include all real data.

from my personal experiences, i can say, given real name and address with valid ph number may not suitable for all, i do not submit my original identity to every demo forms, i only submited my original data to my broker at where i do live. So what i do i said, but when it's your turn - then you know what to do there.

thanks

I dont think you should submit your real name in all demo accounts you try... as for me I submit my real name and address just in a demo account I was intrested in.

To be fair, it is not really required. I usually enter a bogus e-mail and telephone number as I don’t want people from the broker calling me. However, in some cases you need to enter the real data (taking part in a FX Contest). You could give the real data if you are actually interested in opening an account as someone from the broker will definitely call and you might get something out of it.

nah, not really, i guess its ok to use a dummy name and email, but in certain cases there are demo accounts that some brokers provide the option for it to be turned in to live, I think its through competitions or something, just heard about it, so its an option if you want to join, but if its only for practice then you may just as well not put your real email, since they might just end up bugging you

I know a guy who knows a guy...

He opened a demo account and didn't want to put his real name and address, while thinking what to put down he looked out his window and noticed the Wendy's ice cream store down the road. So he typed down as his name 'Ms Wendy Stores' and put the address as the store as well.

His demo account was set up and logged in without a problem.

3 days later the CIA began investigations on possible fraud and insider trading racket between the Wendys store and the broker, the Pentagon called drone strike and the Wendys store down his road was greeted with a cruise missile and it blew up and the remains burnt down and now stray cats are licking up all the melted ice cream while fire fighters investigate, the local police were also called in to help and mysterious men in black suits were also spotted on the scene.

That guy who told me this has never told a fib in his life...;)

stalker56:
I dont think you should submit your real name in all demo accounts you try... as for me I submit my real name and address just in a demo account I was intrested in.

It is better to give Real name and address as the broker with whom you have opened a Demo account will want to give you exciting promotions and offers from their services which you will miss by not using own credentials.

Dominator4fx:
It is better to give Real name and address as the broker with whom you have opened a Demo account will want to give you exciting promotions and offers from their services which you will miss by not using own credentials.

If we are talking about demo account (which is not money related subject/deal) so I think - every person should decide by himself. Because, sometimes - giving real address with real names with real telephone numbers to unknown anonimous guys/owners/managers may be problematic for the trader/his family. It depends on: do you trust this broker or not.

Besides, there are some cases (not related to forex yet) when personal data of the people were sold many times ... and we never know who will come to your house next time having your real data and what they will want to do ...

Governmental control of internet will not solve this issue because it will be totally same for the person: some people are controlling your private life directly, or they are doing it using "governmental control".

If real account - yes, because it is money related situation. But using demo for free ... sorry ...

But it is mostly related to the following: do you trust this broker or not.

Just my personal opinion.

Paul75:
I want to know that when we registrar in demo account then it is compulsory to put real name, address and other info.

No, after all its just a demo account.I think no one would really know and care if whether you put you're real name or not.

there's no gain in using real info on demo accounts, so it's a mistake to do it simply because one should only give real personal data to strangers when absolutely necessary. this is true for forex or any other interaction. So even if you trust your broker, systems can also be hacked and the info can browse for more than one person hands, so just don't do it.

Reason: