Featured Martingale EA to explore and expand, provided by a programmer - page 4

christinaLi:
This shouldn't happen. Dollar profit is regardless of lot size. Only when you use pip profit it's tied to lot size. I will make a demo of this to show you. Been really busy these days, I will try to do this soon.

Before you go to that trouble, let me set Pips at 0 and see what it does. I haven't tried that yet. I though target was whichever one came first.

Joe

No, that didn't work. Profit still being calculated off lot size.

Joe

Trade1953:
No, that didn't work. Profit still being calculated off lot size. Joe

take profit to which ever comes first. See this video.

2011-11-06_1420 - Wise-EA's library

Thanks for taking the time to do the video, but I'm totally baffled. I did exactly the same thing you did and got different results.

Notice on the Full lot attachment, the first trade exited at $50, and the 2nd trade exited at $500.

On the Partial lot attachment (trading 0.01 lots), it exited at $5 the first 2 trades

Nothing changed but the Lot Size.

Let me delete the ea out of my MT4 platform, download your original again and try it as clean as I can get it.

????????

Files:

Trade1953:
Thanks for taking the time to do the video, but I'm totally baffled. I did exactly the same thing you did and got different results.

Notice on the Full lot attachment, the first trade exited at $50, and the 2nd trade exited at $500.

On the Partial lot attachment (trading 0.01 lots), it exited at $5 the first 2 trades

Nothing changed but the Lot Size.

Let me delete the ea out of my MT4 platform, download your original again and try it as clean as I can get it.

????????

In your example, your first primary trade was exit by it's own take profit settings without activated any recovery trades, of course it's going to be tied with the lot size.

The total take profit or stop loss for the entire group will only be exit after at least one recovery trade is open. At least that's how I coded so far.

Also in my new version of 1104, I actually added one more feature and I also talked about it in my video for 1104 version.

What I have changed was: all the primary trade is attached with a take profit in case trades goes into profit so it can take some profit. But as soon as the 1st recovery trade is open, the take profit of primary trade is deleted so from that point, all trades can only be closed as a group using group take profit and stop loss.

I think this is more reasonable however this was not available for based template and 1101, since at the time I thought in most cases the group take profit (either dollar or pip) would come in before the primary take profit. If you hold on download the old version again, I will change this feature and reload again. I will inform you when I change that.

Do you understand what I'm talking about here?

Hi,

Yes, I totally understand. I thought your video explained that very well, and I agree with the concept. I "assumed" that the first take profit would also be in dollars, but I now understand that it is pips, and will logically be tied to the lot size. I also think my MT4 platform/EA was corrupted. I cleaned everything up, downloaded your original (maybe not the new changed one), but the results started making sense the way I expected them to. I was just going to post that and saw your latest post here, which turned out to be an additional help.

ooooffff! Time to go play some music and relax a bit!

Thank you SO MUCH for your patience and willingness to help. I know you have a life too....

Indicators Test

Hi Christina,

I was able to use my little EA to get a general feel for which indicators might work best. I tested about all of them in MT4, but the RSI was the absolute standout. Using the RSI with the CCI as a filter really helped reduce the drawdown.

Try not to laugh too hard at the mq4. Its my first EA, built with an on-line ea builder, then the code from other ea's pasted in, plus some of my own ( I CAN program fairly well in Ninja Trader). Anyway, it works for what I needed it for.

I think this will show that RSI is a good point to start the grid. My ea takes a LOT of trades since it's built to run bar by bar, and it will trade on every bar that is in the RSI range.

Maybe something to consider adding to your EA is the RSI?

** Don't waste your time with Williams %R. I could never get it to read the values it was showing on the indicator.

Cheers,

Joe

Trade1953:
Hi Christina,

I was able to use my little EA to get a general feel for which indicators might work best. I tested about all of them in MT4, but the RSI was the absolute standout. Using the RSI with the CCI as a filter really helped reduce the drawdown.

Try not to laugh too hard at the mq4. Its my first EA, built with an on-line ea builder, then the code from other ea's pasted in, plus some of my own ( I CAN program fairly well in Ninja Trader). Anyway, it works for what I needed it for.

I think this will show that RSI is a good point to start the grid. My ea takes a LOT of trades since it's built to run bar by bar, and it will trade on every bar that is in the RSI range.

Maybe something to consider adding to your EA is the RSI?

** Don't waste your time with Williams %R. I could never get it to read the values it was showing on the indicator.

Cheers,

Joe

Hi, Joe and folks,

I'm just a bit too busy at the moment, too much obligations. I will take a look at the RSI EA you guys were talking about as well as providing a version with RSI logic.

Christina

Christina & Joe,

Thanks for the effort and sharing. Have you try the CL-martingale with MACD in demo account? I try it with the demo account, no trade is trigger for almost two days.

By the way, do you have any EA that will close all trade and disable the EA after certain amount lost? I found some EA which the function only close existing trade and delete all pending order, but the EA still enable. Which mean the EA will trigger another trade again, so the lost might continue if the trend keep against us.

Thanks.

Regards,

Eric

Reason: