Coding questions ... - page 4

newdigital:
About sidus - so what I found here in elite section:

sidus_v.3.01 indicator is on this post. Extended the alerts made with all the alert possibilities (messages, sound, email, ...) and it shows exatly which chart - time frame has raised the alert now.

Just for information.

[lang=tr]I was with Sidus indicator indicator with the full TDV would like an expert can help you do[/lang]

As shown in the picture above I would like an expert

Files:
siddusss.jpg  80 kb

EA trouble

mladen

You answered this once before, page 160, but that fix doesn't clear the backtest problem in this EA. Can you have a look at it?

Thanks

Ray

Ray

First parameter of VQzz indicator is of integer. In your code you are calling in this form :
iCustom(Symbol(),eintTF,"RK-VQzz","0",eintPeriod,eintMethod, eintSmoothing, eintFilter,2,Shift+0);
while it should be in this form :
iCustom(Symbol(),eintTF,"RK-VQzz",0,eintPeriod,eintMethod, eintSmoothing, eintFilter,2,Shift+0);

without quotes since it must be a number not a string

Change it in every iCustm() call and it should work

traderduke:
mladen

You answered this once before, page 160, but that fix doesn't clear the backtest problem in this EA. Can you have a look at it?

Thanks

Ray

mladen

Thanks, I guess I'll never get those parameters syntex correct!

Ray

mladen:
Ray First parameter of VQzz indicator is of integer. In your code you are calling in this form :
iCustom(Symbol(),eintTF,"RK-VQzz","0",eintPeriod,eintMethod, eintSmoothing, eintFilter,2,Shift+0);
while it should be in this form :
iCustom(Symbol(),eintTF,"RK-VQzz",0,eintPeriod,eintMethod, eintSmoothing, eintFilter,2,Shift+0);

without quotes since it must be a number not a string

Change it in every iCustm() call and it should work

help to color the candles!!

Hi everybody,

I coded and indicator that write a dashboard on the chart, calculating a "trend score" from ADX, RSI and AO (using no buffers)... 'till here nothing special... Now I'm trying to get colored candles for each trend score value, so I'll have visualized on the chart the signal's "history".... at this point I got stack ...

I did tried everything (at least for my miserable knowledge of mql...) but no result .

My problem, in detail, is that my trend score goes from +5 to -5, so I'll need, theoretically, 11 different colors...but should be fine with 5 (color1 for +5+4, color2 for +3+2, color3 for +1 0 -1, color4 for -2-3, color5 for -4-5); I can't use the buffers type coding (DRAW_HISTOGRAM) because each color need 2 buffers (i.e. bufferup=MAthMax(Open,Close); bufferdn=MAthMin(Open,Close) and we know the 8 limit on mt4...

guys... I need your help!!!!

Do you plan to draw that for each candle or just for each trend score (in which case you will have a very limited number of candles)? If it is for trendscores, why don't you use objects : 1 trend line for wick and 1 for body (with ray property set to false), without any limitation as far as colors are concerned

Hi Mladen,

thanks for the kind reply, at the end I did split the indicator in two, one for calculation and one to color the bars; 'cause I don't like to use the lines for cosmetic reasons: the lines, specially the wides one, are drawn not in the center of the candles and the ends are rounded...

Again let me express my reconoissance to your amazing job for this great community!

Regards

mladen:
Do you plan to draw that for each candle or just for each trend score (in which case you will have a very limited number of candles)? If it is for trendscores, why don't you use objects : 1 trend line for wick and 1 for body (with ray property set to false), without any limitation as far as colors are concerned

a million dollar question...

Hi all,

I would like to know how to "resize and/or repositioning" objects or histogram in a chart automatically when you are "zooming" in and out; classic example indicators that color candles have a "fix" size for the histogram (i.e. 3) but if you are zooming out the size 3 is to big, conversely if you are zooming in the size 3 is too small.

Thank you in advance for reply.

Best Regards!

Reason: