Heiken-ashi Zero-lag Tema - page 8

There was an error in the zero lag tema macd. This is the correct zero lag tema macd. Leaving the one with error in it at its post so that it can be compared (the error is in the line where slow zero lag tema was calculated)

Here is the comparison now of the on-chart 2 zero lag temas (24 and 52) with a zero lag tema MACD now

secretcode:
Thanks Mladen for this indicator Why the both crossover ( fast-24 and slow-52 Tema cross with MACD 0 line ) does not match each others ?

mladen:

There was an error in the zero lag tema macd. This is the correct zero lag tema macd. Leaving the one with error in it at its post so that it can be compared (the error is in the line where slow zero lag tema was calculated)

Here is the comparison now of the on-chart 2 zero lag temas (24 and 52) with a zero lag tema MACD now

It's perfect now, Thank you Mladen much appreciated

Multi time frame version of zero lag tema MACD

Multi time frame version of zero lag tema MACD (correct code) posted at this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page306

Files:

Tema indicator

tema_custom.mq4

Files:

HELLO MLADEN,

Can you kindly help to create a CCFP that uses NON LAG TEMA.

I would be very grateful.THANKS

winner246:
HELLO MLADEN,

Can you kindly help to create a CCFP that uses NON LAG TEMA.

I would be very grateful.THANKS

winner246

As far as I remember there is no such thing as "non lag tema". Would you mind posting it here?

HELLO MLADEN,

Sorry I meant ZERO LAG TEMA.

THANKS

mladen:
Zero lag tema

And this is the zero lag tema with a "but" ...

"But" comes from the fact that this is a real zero lag tema for any price you use. In the "Heiken-ashi Zero lag tema" system of 2 zero lag tema values, when heiken ashi was used for a price field it calculated a "real" zero lag tema while if the price was any other price EMA was used (so an already EMA smoothed price) in calculation (hence such a big difference when you changed the price from heiken ashi to any other price)

This version has one additional parameter : Price pre smoothing. Default is 1 (no price pre smoothing) but if some other period is entered it will be first averaged and hen used in calculation (that goes for heiken ashi too - average heiken ashi will be used in that case). Price pre smoothing can be useful when you try to "iron out" the slope a bit to get a smoother result.

Changes of color on slope change added (nrp way - no repainting). On the example price pre smoothing 2 used

Hi Mladen,

I would be grateful if you would kindly check this indicator for me as it seems to repaint. I only tested it strategy tester - could it be the cause. I took a screenshot just before the change mid-candle on M15 and one just after. As you can see two bars have changed color - the current bar and a close bar. I understand the current bar changing color - but I don't think the preceding bar should be changing.

The histogram is the same indicator as the line and on the same setting. I changed this myself and this could also be the cause.

I would be grateful for your input.

ZeroLag Tema.mq4

ZeroLag TEMA - Histo.mq4

Regards

Jasjit

electrical999:

Hi Mladen,

I would be grateful if you would kindly check this indicator for me as it seems to repaint. I only tested it strategy tester - could it be the cause. I took a screenshot just before the change mid-candle on M15 and one just after. As you can see two bars have changed color - the current bar and a close bar. I understand the current bar changing color - but I don't think the preceding bar should be changing.

The histogram is the same indicator as the line and on the same setting. I changed this myself and this could also be the cause.

I would be grateful for your input.

ZeroLag Tema.mq4

ZeroLag TEMA - Histo.mq4

Regards

Jasjit

Jasjit

The indicator does not repaint

The histo version you posted repaints. You can not use the nrp coding for histogram as you tried to use it. Here is a histo version that does not repaint : zerolag_tema_-_histo_1.mq4

Files:

mladen:

Jasjit

The indicator does not repaint

The histo version you posted repaints. You can not use the nrp coding for histogram as you tried to use it. Here is a histo version that does not repaint : zerolag_tema_-_histo_1.mq4

Hi Mladen,

Thank you so much for your assistance.

This is what happens when an ignorant amateur like me tries to make changes without fully understanding how thing work. Have a wonderful day.

Regards

Jasjit

Reason: