Trend Quality indicator(s) - page 11

Exclusive Forum

Trend Quality indicator(s)

GADEY, 2016.05.29 10:46

Thanks for the prompt response.

It would be convinient if both filters can be added for experimenting on various trends.

Regards,

Murali 

Here is a version with 3 types of filters (or none) : on price, on value and on both

Hi mladen, do you have any tips about how to select the appropriate step size for the new stepma for different symbols? Do you just eye-ball it or, is there something that can be measured on higher TF, etc., in order to better estimate a good step size?

forexyahoo:
Hi mladen, do you have any tips about how to select the appropriate step size for the new stepma for different symbols? Do you just eye-ball it or, is there something that can be measured on higher TF, etc., in order to better estimate a good step size?
The newest versions are having % for that reason - to attempt to avoid fixed step sizes (which are not comparable for different time frames and different symbols). Try using the newest versions

mladen:
The newest versions are having % for that reason - to attempt to avoid fixed step sizes (which are not comparable for different time frames and different symbols). Try using the newest versions
Hi mladen, I'm using v2.7 and it doesn't have the %. I'm sorry for the confusion, I'm posting in the wrong thread.

forexyahoo:
Hi mladen, I'm using v2.7 and it doesn't have the %. I'm sorry for the confusion, I'm posting in the wrong thread.
Can you post the exact version that you are using?

mladen:
Attached is the version I'm using. 

mladen:
Hi mladen, I found v2.8 but even in 2.8, I'm not seeing the % parameter.

forexyahoo:
Hi mladen, I found v2.8 but even in 2.8, I'm not seeing the % parameter.

forexyahoo

Step ma of rsi adaptive ema is using ATR - you can modify the atr by using the sensitivity factor

mladen:

forexyahoo

Step ma of rsi adaptive ema is using ATR - you can modify the atr by using the sensitivity factor

Hi mladen, I understand sensitivity factor to be a useful factor but I misunderstood the % thing from previous posts. I was thinking there was a different % parameter that had some sort of adaptive ability to adjust the step size. Thank you for clarifying that.

mladen:

Here is a version with 3 types of filters (or none) : on price, on value and on both

As I have noticed, this (Trend Quality Q1 directional indicator) is also a good candidate for divergence.

Could you please add it ? 

Reason: