EA v.s. Human

The past few days I have been studying on EA. Writing EA can automate our trade, and it can runs automatically all the time. This saves our time to monitor the screen. However E.A. is not perfect, so does human who does manual trade. I not sure what did the big player in forex market using (EA or manual trade?). My EA is not yet perfect. Here are some pros and cons I notice.

Human

• Human have emotion, these emotions can affect our trade (greed, fear, attached to the trade, guessing)
  • Human have guts feeling, this can lead to bad trade
  • Human cannot monitor the screen all the time, thus will missed out some trade.
  • Manual trade is time consuming.
  • EA will perform faster than human (in certain condition, the price moves very fast)
  • Robot

• E.A. is automated with a set of rules. Sometimes there might be exception
  • In different time human may have decision made based on different condition. EA will follow predefined rules
  • EA do not have guts feeling. Some traders with many years of screen time have more accurate guts feeling.

So what do you think?

Best for me so far is manual trading. I have tried many EA's, none fill my expectances.

True it may be time consuming, but I close my trades at fixed time of day (winning or losing).

I wish an EA to trade automatically, but my rules are complex to archive by a robot.

Complex for a dumb robot. But rewarding....

Anyway, a friend told me that big banks trade mostly with robots. I dunno if its true, but for shure I am interested to test one of those robots some day.

fxnewbie...of course big banks trade, using robots...Did you see those broker's faces?...

Pava:
fxnewbie...of course big banks trade, using robots...Did you see those broker's faces?...

Well... I know this one.....

Files:
funny-robot.jpg  26 kb

it would take a a mix of both.

if robots were successful ALL ON THEIR OWN, then why hasn't anybody come up with a robot that can beat humans at poker? there's only 52 cards in poker and an way more factors in trading.

poker and trading have the exact same things in common.

you can make all the right decisions and still loose. it doesn't mean you're a bad trader/poker player. you did the best that you could possibly do with the information you were given at the time you decided to make your move.

think about that for a while.

fxnewbie:
Well... I know this one.....

Will you try to think "outside the box" -once?

(Let me guess...the guy in the picture?...His name is Jack?)

Pava:
Will you try to think "outside the box" -once? (Let me guess...the guy in the picture?...His name is Jack?)

he looks board.

I personally feel that humans are far-superior traders than computers could ever be. Trading is very much a game of reading the aggregate emotion of the market, this is reflected via price movement and so traders need to learn how to read this, it is a very nuanced game that takes skill and discretion. I don't feel like computers are at the level where they can make as many good trading calls over the long-term as the human mind can, at least not yet.

Pava:
Will you try to think "outside the box" -once? (Let me guess...the guy in the picture?...His name is Jack?)

Guy....?... naaaah...

Belive it or not, is Jessica Daniels.

Thinking "inside of the box" have some advantages....

Files:

fxnewbie:
Guy....?... naaaah...

Belive it or not, is Jessica Daniels.

Thinking "inside of the box" have some advantages....

No doubt...Another important contribution to the forum from you...as usual...can you post something constructive for a change?......:)

P.S.:...It's not her in the box...Those melons simply won't fit in!

Answer is simple. In shot term EA can defeat the human, in long term human will always win. In 10 years market can be completely different. We will sell low and buy high

Reason: