Asi trendline strategy! - page 15

lets see what happens here today

the asi is definately more weighted down than price in this picture, and I have the indicator window pulled up more than halfway on the screen, check if for yourself in your trading terminal with line graph,,,,,,,,,,, hmmmmmm interesting

*it is all the way zoomed out eur/usd 1hr*

Files:

That is a pretty big difference when it comes to angles of trend lines on ASI when compared to a line chart. There I think by first sight they look the same, but when you apply a trend line on two points, you can really see how these small changes create large differences in the angles of their trend lines.

James the Giant:
but when you apply a trend line on two points, you can really see how these small changes .

Hi James the Giant,You know, I have notice the same thing as far as the angles gowhile in Metatrader, if I look under the "insert" tab and hold cursor over "ines" and select "trendline by angle" , I can see the actual angle of the trendlinenow this can be used to compare the trendline to that of the asi vs. the line chart to see if there are any statistical differences or similarities.....good find James

Also here is an UPDDATED screen capture of the eur/usd 1hr chart that I posted yesterday.

I posted it before I realized that it is NON farm payroll news day,,, so I didnt trade at all yesterday,,, but I posted it here anyways because you can SEE the diference on the asi vs. the price

the OBVIOUS DIFFERENCES as seen on the chart is where the yellow line is drawn.

look at how price touched the yellow line but there is a BIG distance between the yellow line and asi

THIS IS AN OBSERVATION: in the original Welles Welder ASI strategy, a horizontal line is placed on price AND on the ASI. (similar to how i placed the yellow line)

and if the price breaks the horizontal line on a bar chart, then we are to WATCH the asi to see if it breaks the horizontal line on there also.

IF the asi breaks the line, it is confirmed break out

IF the asi does not break the line, it is false break out

I have been trying to find examples of this while looking back on historical charts of eur.usd gpb.usd usd.chf but I gave up quickly after not finding any instances. (if i don't find possible entries while doing visual backtests on an indicator within ONE WEEK worth of data, then i stop looking, just my personal preference or opinion)

but I DID FIND MANY INSTANCES where price touched the horizontal line with price chart but the asi had a distance between the line (just like the picture i post here)

there was many instances like this

this is my conclusion:

1) we all know that false break outs are quite common,,,, I JUST WASN'T able to find any for good examples

2)the asi is reacting the same way as it would if a false break out occurred in that there is divergence or a "distance" between the horizontal line and asi so we are to use that as confirmation that there is NO break out at that time.

I just want to point out that i have NOT tested this theory yet so it could wrong or it could be right, i dont know. (most likely wrong, but interesting anyways )

hiPava- when you said we are looking for problems with the asi to move on,,,,,,, Did you mean the asi indicator is working well and to not look for probems with it by moving on? and you also gave definition of how divergence works.... Do you know if this asi indicator is behaving like it is supposed to according to the original asi?p.s. it is an honor to have you post on this subject for me, i have read a TON of your posts here at TSD before i ever post here before!!!!

pardon my ignorance i am just an IDIOT trying to figure out if this indicator is the same as the original one or not, lol, i DO NOT know how to code or to look at code or anything

good' day mates

Kinjaheed

Files:

when using your AS....I...you got to keep the size of the subwindow...where AS....I is - constant...do not change it...

Pava:
when using your AS....I...you got to keep the size of the subwindow...where AS....I is - constant...do not change it...

See, i told you i am idiot,,

i keep moving my subwindow up and down like a litte kid on a road trip screaming are we there yet are we there yet!!! LOL

thanks Pava!

no prob:)...

it will be a while for this because its on the weekly chart, but it might be a good false break out,,,,,,, we'll see.....

Files:

Fibo Fan shows possible resistance along with Donchian Channel on Weekly tf.

Files:
t2_10.gif  47 kb

Wow Kinjahead, ASI and a line chart are 100% different by a simple comparison. I don't understand how you could have made such a simple mistake.

Files:
fx.gif  37 kb

James the Giant:
I don't understand how you could have made such a simple mistake.

hi james, i dont know either how i can make such a simple mistake,, im still trying to figure that out LOL

here is a great idea that might work good with this asi system: I put 5pip renko line chart next to the asi chart for extra confirmation,, it looks pretty good on this picture now but i havnt tried to trade it yet so this is just trial- hehe

Files:
renko.asi.jpg  69 kb
Reason: