Asi trendline strategy! - page 8

I guess I missed all the fun while "sleeping":)...rough night...can rules for placing trendlines be more defined?...right now they are subjective...therefore can not be a system...

Sure, I will work on creating a set of rules for where and when to add trend lines.

Here is my EU trade which I kept through the upwards momentum that happened this morning. I see a good area to sell though, and to spot for a good target. I would have exited before it exploded up but I was away from my comp so I missed the doji on the Daily.

Files:
t2_3.gif  49 kb

that's the problem with it, it's subjective.

i guess that requires skill.

Forex has no set rules. To trade it you have to go with the flow. And it is possible to learn to draw trendlines and channels, it is not that subjective. But creativity is essential to give that edge.

Hi James the Giant,

Try the following indicators for trendlines (attached).

I am using MaksiGen_Range_Move indicator almost all the time and it is having the settings to draw trendlines based on the number bars back and so on. may be - it will work ... may be not i do not know.

James the Giant:
Forex has no set rules. To trade it you have to go with the flow. And it is possible to learn to draw trendlines and channels, it is not that subjective. But creativity is essential to give that edge.

But then surely creativity is subject to natural ability.

Thanks, this will help a lot for defining this mini strategy.

fxvoilaaa:
But then surely creativity is subject to natural ability.

Too philosophical for me to handle that right now. I will get an opinion together in a few hours and get back to you on this,

Is it possible someone can be so great as to make ASI show up on the candle chart instead of its own window? That would be a ground breaking improvement and create many more possibilities for trend line strategies for everyone.

Thanks!

Reason: