1440 pips/day

Hello guys.

I need your expertise to help create an EA for me.

lets just see how this works just to see if it works.

The EA should place a buy and sell order 10 secs before each candle closes. So if the EA is put on a 1M chart, there should be 2 new trades every 1 minute.

Stop Loss will be spread + 2 pips

Take Profit will be trailing stop of 1

The idea: Minimum nett profit of 1 pip every minute = 60 pips/hour = 1440 pips/day

Lets see how this works. This is just an initial idea. It'll be interesting to see how this works.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1440 pips/day

Hello guys.

The EA should place a buy and sell order 10 secs before each candle closes. So if the EA is put on a 1M chart, there should be 2 new trades every 1 minute.

The idea: Minimum nett profit of 1 pip every minute = 60 pips/hour = 1440 pips/day

Lets see how this works. This is just an initial idea. It'll be interesting to see how this works.

blessedsmart:
Hello guys.

I don't think it will be good. This is just my opinion.

It will be loss almost all the time.

- Because the probability to get stop loss is much more highier than to get take profit.

- Besides - 1 or 2 pips - it is exactly the value of the different data between the brokers (Alpari and IBFX for example).

- Besides, broker can manipulate easier if 2 and 1.

- Besides, datafeed of any broker is not as calibrated so we can consider 1 or 2 pips as a real valid proven value of the price for every minutes ...

1 pip less or 1 pips more - that is nothing for broker but as I understand - it is your take profit value.

This idea is unreal even if you are the broker trading for yourself.

I'll give a pat on the back of anyone willing to waste time on this.

Meanwhile real-life brokers count minutes before you bring $10k or more on deposit and watch it melt away with requotes

Let me explain.

Lets pretend brokers don't limit TP and SL to 10 pips or more, allow you to make more than 1 order per minute, orders are executed instantly, other unrealistic utopia conditions.

Now. You start a trade on EUR/USD. Your spread is 2 pips. Your stop-loss is 4 pips, your take profit is, on average, 1 pip. You start a trade with 2 pips in loss (spread). Calculate how many successful trades you need (%) so you won't lose money. Thats one side of the problem. Another problem is the fact you want both buy AND sell at the same time. Even if you take 1 pip profit on one order, you will have -3 pip profit on another order at the same time. And how often does the price move 5+ pips in a row? Almost never. As far as I can tell, it keeps bouncing between 2-3 pips all the time, up-down-up-down. Trailing stop of 1 will close your orders 98.6% of time at 1 pip profit.

PS: its best to try to make this kind of EA for MT5, since MT4 doesn't have "execute on timer" function. That means you can't make orders 10 seconds before a new candle. You can make it xx seconds after something (new tick, last bar open ect). But then again, you won't be able to open both buy and sell at the same time. in MT5 - platform limitation.

try

I have try something like that but this is not working on long term swap and spread will make your money go down all the time. even without stoplosses and big base funds this strategy goes down sooner or later.

What am I to do?

What type of strategy works well in an EA?

your idea

actually your idea kinda works if used with a trailing take profit on loss...

witout a trailing stop loss of course...

that is the exact opposite of a trailing stop loss when it reaches for exemple -200 pips it replaces the take profit at the 1/5 of the current loss so it would be -40pips in this exemple. that works as much as martingale works.very risky strategy you gotta have big funds to manage even micro lots because you're gonna have hundreads of positions open everyday.

tough if you want this ea programmed I probably could do something like that for eur/usd m1.I wouldn't use it personally but it is quite easy to program.

julienp lets do it,

it will be fine if you program something like this, so we can test it an upgrade till we achieve constant 1 pip per minute.

julienp

PLEASE WE NEED TO TALK

here is my email elsmartcondeux@yahoo.com

blessedsmart:
Hello guys.

i'm sure many brokers out there wont like your strategies, many requotes & losses u will get.. u will lost your margin with ease.. goodluck..

Reason: