Gann mtf system - page 7

carbonmimetic:
First of all...thank you!

Then...:

in my image you can see EURUSD 1 minute chart and the two indicators

1)yellow line is HIGH-LOW Activator vs 1.1 ....MAPERIOD 3 ....MAMETHOD 0 (simple)....TIME FRAME 1H

2) blue and red line is your HIGH-LOW Activator mtf.......TIME FRAME 1H....LB 3 (I think LB is moving average 3 simple....but I don't know what is it exactly...)

WELL...the two lines are different....why?

Different code

In the TASC 16:2 (February 1998) Robert Krausz in his article "The New Gann Swing Chartist" describes for the first time the HiLo activator and he clearly uses the term "so that you have a horizontal price point to act with tomorrow" which means that today HiLo value is the moving average from yesterday. Hence the difference. Previous bar SMA should be used for curent bar value, not a current bar SMA

Hope this clarifies

mladen:
Different code

In the TASC 16:2 (February 1998) Robert Krausz in his article "The New Gann Swing Chartist" describes for the first time the HiLo activator and he clearly uses the term "so that you have a horizontal price point to act with tomorrow" which means that today HiLo value is the moving average from yesterday. Hence the difference. Previous bar SMA should be used for curent bar value, not a current bar SMA

Hope this clarifies

Ok...your answer is what I wanted!!I knew Krausz article...but I don't know meta code....so your indi reflect Krausz's article?

I code HL activator for metastock and in fact for a monthly chart (for eaxmple) I use a previous 3 HL Sma.

I use it also for intraday charts (on metastock professional) and I can tell you that this method is very good if linked with revrsal conditions like demark setup-divergences and 123 ross.

In these last months I try to transfer all my trading tool from metastock to metatrader...so may be next weeks I ask again for your help...eheheheeh!!!!

p.s. by the way....can you create formulas here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177239

If you want I can explain formulas in a better way....

carbonmimetic:
Ok...your answer is what I wanted!!I knew Krausz article...but I don't know meta code....so your indi reflect Krausz's article?

I code HL activator for metastock and in fact for a monthly chart (for eaxmple) I use a previous 3 HL Sma.

I use it also for intraday charts (on metastock professional) and I can tell you that this method is very good if linked with revrsal conditions like demark setup-divergences and 123 ross.

In these last months I try to transfer all my trading tool from metastock to metatrader...so may be next weeks I ask again for your help...eheheheeh!!!!

p.s. by the way....can you create formulas here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177239

If you want I can explain formulas in a better way....

"so your indi reflect Krausz's article"

Yes, as I tried to explain it (hence the "different code" part in the explanation)

very good....thank's

hi mladen,

is it possible as one nrp indicator?

1. Bar color is Green;

if

(

Close >iMA(Symbol(),1440,Lb1,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_HIGH,i+1)

and

Close >iMA(Symbol(),0,Lb2,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_HIGH,i+1)

)

2. Bar color is Red;

if

(

Close <iMA(Symbol(),1440,Lb1,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_LOW,i+1)

and

Close <iMA(Symbol(),0,Lb2,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_LOW,i+1)

)

3. Bar color is White;

if

(

and

)

4. Bar color is Yellow;

if

(

Close <iMA(Symbol(),1440,Lb1,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_ LOW,i+1)

and

)

thanks

ewp:
hi mladen,

is it possible as one nrp indicator?

1. Bar color is Green;

if

(

and

)

2. Bar color is Red;

if

(

Close <iMA(Symbol(),1440,Lb1,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_LOW,i+1)

and

)

3. Bar color is White;

if

(

and

)

4. Bar color is Yellow;

if

(

Close <iMA(Symbol(),1440,Lb1,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_ LOW,i+1)

and

)

thanks

ewp

When you are using multi time frames (like the combination of daily and current chart) it is not possible to do it without updating the status of all the bars that belong to higher time frame. So, I guess, the answer is no, it can not be done as nrp

Updated ssl fast nrp : ssl_fast-nrp_mtf_nmc.mq4

Files:

Gann High-Low activator mtf from here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180790/page4 modified to be compatible with new mt4 builds.

carbonmimetic:
Hello, the real Gann HIGH-LOW Activator (like in Krawz chart) plot a "stairs" line...this indicator was maden by a coder for me...but it repaints...so if someone want modifies it....thank's in advance.....here it is:

carbonmimetic

This is a correct Gann high low activator made multi time frame capable with alerts already added too

updated version posted here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180790

Dear MrTools and mladen,

I have one request for you:

- Can someone do - SSL fast-nrp_mtf - that pulls both MA lines, because the other MA shows strong Sup / Res on MTF?

Also it would be nice if it would show arrows and gives a SoundAlert at Candle Close at MTF exactly as for normal SSL.

And of course, thank you for your great contribution to our FxCircus !!!

-P.S. - My broker was unable to force me to change over to 600+ so I quietly working still at 509...

Regards, Tom

Reason: