Gann mtf system - page 4

Appears to be what simba's using on his charts to get the Price bars to look blue and red the way his screenshots show. Cant get mine to look that way...Im pretty sure i had an indicator before that did that, made reading price action more easier for me.

The bars seem to match the Gann Hi Lo indicator. So I think they are Gann Hi Lo bars

WilteredFire:
Appears to be what simba's using on his charts to get the Price bars to look blue and red the way his screenshots show. Cant get mine to look that way...Im pretty sure i had an indicator before that did that, made reading price action more easier for me.

yep gann hi lo bars

stav01:
Try this - it is a good multi time frame channel indicator.

Hello and thanks for the indicator but theres a problem. When I place the indicator on a lower time frame the higher time frame disappears. Why? How do I use it?

Thanks

Deedee

Nigeria.

Hi!

Gann with indicators does not work.

Gann is astrology and Kabbalah in pure condition.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173532

Regards.

James the Giant:
The bars seem to match the Gann Hi Lo indicator. So I think they are Gann Hi Lo bars

Yes,they are Gann Hi Lo activator bars...Exactly the same as the SSL indicator,on chart and with no mtf capability.

The concept behind these bars:According to Robert Krausz,one of the Market Wizards interviewed by Jack Schwager in his "Market Wizard" series,Gann used the concept behind these bars equivalent to an Lb setting of 3...Mr Krausz wrote a book "W.D.Gann Treasure Discovered" where he elaborated on his theory.

Contrary to many self proclaimed Gann experts ,the late Mr Krausz was both a trading genius and a real expert on Gann,so,I believe that his comments have validity,but,at the same time,I believe in exploring and testing new Lb settings,like James is doing in this thread.

I personally use them with Lb set to half period of the dominant cycle...For example,as of this moment there is a very interesting cycle in EURUSD H4 which has a periodicity of 18-19 bars,so,using the SSL or the Gann Hi Lo bars on H4 with LB=9 gives very good entries in the trend direction...How do you know the trend direction? ....As Gann said,Higher highs and higher lows means the trend is up.

Price is Due:As a sidenote,using Hurst concept of centered smas set to both dominant cycle and half of the dominant cycle,see pic,the current EURUSD swing ends at 1.38750+-30 pips,price range that has already been touched a few hours ago.

Time is Due:Same method,same pic...Price was due at the bar that ended at 08:00 GMT

What I would do is use James method with a bias to the short side...I expect a retracement towards 1.37300 at a minimum within this week.

S

Files:
screen_1.gif  66 kb

Great info to think about Simba. How do you determine the market cycles? Can it be done by counting the amount of trending candles?

by CyclePeriod indicator.

Files:

James the Giant:
Great info to think about Simba. How do you determine the market cycles? Can it be done by counting the amount of trending candles?

I use an indicator codeveloped among a group of traders,which is obviously proprietary,but you can replicate similar findings by using either Cycle period ,posted here by altoronto,or,in case you have access to the Elite section by using the Corona charts by Igorad which may be more precise but heavier on cpu....

I suggest that you start by h4 and then try to confirm the findings at lower timeframes.

S

Thanks for your reply and helpful insight Simba. Much appreciated. Been a good day for me.

Reason: