Gann mtf system - page 9

thefxpros:
Whaaaat?? My terminals have not been updated yet, is there a way to deny the updates?

Here is a simple test : error code should be 0 for each time frame (even offline time frame) that has hst file generated in the history folder. Well, it is not so any more : you can have a now format hst file, but not even a simple MACD will work on it any more if you call it from a code. You can apply mcad to that same offline chart but you can not get the results calling iMACD()

And no, you will not be able to prevent updates (you will get the "old version" message eventually)

mladen:
Here is a simple test : error code should be 0 for each time frame (even offline time frame) that has hst file generated in the history folder. Well, it is not so any more : you can have a now format hst file, but not even a simple MACD will work on it any more if you call it from a code. You can apply mcad to that same offline chart but you can not get the results calling iMACD()

And no, you will not be able to prevent updates (you will get the "old version" message eventually)

But why? Why every update they get worse all?!

Which build is now? I'm with 670. When your platform has been updated?

thefxpros:
But why? Why every update they get worse all?! Which build is now? I'm with 670. When your platform has been updated?

That example is from build 670

The error code is showing that macd was not executed as it should on a 10 minute time frame (for which I have a running offline chart using new data format). Error code 4054 is nonsense in the case of that example code and test (it would mean that iMACD() is using improper array - which is as stupid as it gets since macd is happily working on that same offline chart)

Why? Have no idea.

mladen:
Why? Have no idea.

Firstly, Bandits start with a basic primitive system that is based on the combination of MTF MA's with grid for multiple entry. Of course the market dealers have more sophisticated weapons, but they need such a system to show their stupid bosses what they are doing and how they will set traps in the future.

With the new MT4 600+ intention was not improving, but weaken the already poor platform.

At first, it forces all users to take a modified historical data upon starting, and secondly disables trading based on the MTF.

If bandits have support by corrupt politicians through legislation - NFA FIFO Rules, why do we think that Metaquotes, but also other platforms; would not have met the requirements of bankers and brokers.

Regards, Tom

Tomi5lav:
Re: Gann mtf system

Firstly, Bandits start with a basic primitive system that is based on the combination of MTF MA's with grid for multiple entry. Of course the market dealers have more sophisticated weapons, but they need such a system to show their stupid bosses what they are doing and how they will set traps in the future.

With the new MT4 600+ intention was not improving, but weaken the already poor platform.

At first, it forces all users to take a modified historical data upon starting, and secondly disables trading based on the MTF.

If bandits have support by corrupt politicians through legislation - NFA FIFO Rules, why do we think that Metaquotes, but also other platforms; would not have met the requirements of bankers and brokers.

Regards, Tom

Tom

As far as I know only in back test it is disabled to use multi time frame indicators as signals for entries. Now that might be bad, but in 90% of cases that was used for scamming (people did not know that in back test mt4 could "see the future" and were convinced from such back test "results": that the next holly grail was found).

All in all, I do not see too much damage that such back tests were disabled. After all, what we all are barking for years and years : only forward testing can be used as any kind of indicator if some system is reliable (and profitable) or not. Back tests were (and still are) used for scamming to many times to be acceptable as any proof

mrtools:
Re: Gann mtf system Gann High-Low activator mtf from here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180790/page4 modified to be compatible with new mt4 builds.

Mr Tools,

Thanks you!

I have seen that these mtf can be used on offline charts without freezing them.

TEAMTRADER

PS

Sadly the indicator repaints. What a pity.

Files:
gann_sq9_2.mq4  14 kb

Sorry for my ignorance. What are difference between SSL & Gann HiLow?

I use them side by side, but the difference is minimal. Can anyone explain?

Attached is the indicators

redwed:
Sorry for my ignorance. What are difference between SSL & Gann HiLow?

I use them side by side, but the difference is minimal. Can anyone explain?

Attached is the indicators

mntiwana:
Thanks for clearing that up. Some people have ill intentions changing indicators name.. 
Reason: