Support and Resistance Metatrader4 Indicator with buffer

I am trying to find a support and resistance indicator that uses buffers (modes), so that I can add this indicator into my EA and pick up when the price is close to a support and resistance line.

I use forexgenerator.com to build my EA (its a very good quick development tool for creating EAs), in which I can import custom indicators.

However, all the support and resistance indicators I have tried are either visual only or I can't see how they work to set the modes I require and they don't appear to store previous support and resistance lines.

If there is already an indicator out there which does this - I would be very grateful if somebody could point me to it - if not, if somebody wants to send me a PM, I am willing to pay a small sum for somebody to adjust an existing indicator.

Thanks for your help in advance

I remember there was an indicator with red and blue dotted lines for support and resistance. Forgotten what it's called though. Maybe someone here can let us know.

support and resistance with buffer

Thanks for the response - there are a number of indicators around which show support and resistance - the problem is finding one that will work in an automated expert advisor on metatrader.

If anybody knows or is using one, would be grateful for a response.

Support And Resistance Indicators - Links

greatworth01:
Thanks for the response - there are a number of indicators around which show support and resistance - the problem is finding one that will work in an automated expert advisor on metatrader. If anybody knows or is using one, would be grateful for a response.

Hi Greatworth,

Here is a quick search on TSD for Support and Resistance indicators...just one of many links on SR indicators here on TSD.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177227

Click on the PaperClip for the indicator list.

Most have buffers that your EA can use.

Hope this helps,

Robert

Support and resistance indicator for EA

Dear Robert

Thanks for looking this up - appreciate it.

I had actually tried 4 indicators from this thread, but as I don't understand coding enough, I can't work out how to choose the required mode (if indeed the indicator supports this) to make the indicator work in an EA.

So, to rephrase slightly, I am looking for a support and resistance indicator, which has some instructions as to how to use in an expert advisor.

Many thanks

Attach the best Support / Resistance indicator and I'll create it with buffer like my Pivot Indicator

Follow Up Questions

greatworth01:
Dear Robert

Thanks for looking this up - appreciate it.

I had actually tried 4 indicators from this thread, but as I don't understand coding enough, I can't work out how to choose the required mode (if indeed the indicator supports this) to make the indicator work in an EA.

So, to rephrase slightly, I am looking for a support and resistance indicator, which has some instructions as to how to use in an expert advisor.

Many thanks

Hi Greatworth,

Now I'm more confused and I'm not sure exactly what you are asking for here.

Sounds like one or both of the following:

1) To USE Support and Resistance levels in your EA, the thread I posted and many other threads here discuss S/R strategy - Learn the S/R strategies that can be then converted to code for the EA.

There are also a number of S/R EA's already written that can provide you good examples on how to use S/R's. Search TSD for them.

2) To GET THE VALUES for S/R into your EA...use the S/R buffers and iCustom statements. Check my previous posts and other threads on how to make iCustom statements to get the values.

Hope this helps,

Robert

codersguru:
Attach the best Support / Resistance indicator and I'll create it with buffer like my Pivot Indicator

That is a fantastic looking indicator

Beno:
That is a fantastic looking indicator

Thank you very much.

The version with alerts is here<<

attached support and resistance indicator

Dear Codersguru

I am not sure whether this is the best support and resistance, but I certainly liked it.

I picked it up off the thread Robert was talking about, but as it has no instructions and I don't know how to code, I am a bit lost in using it.

As an aside Robert is correct (and I appreciate his comments) that I want to do both as he has mentioned. The problem is, as a non-coder, I use forexgenerator.com which is a point and click ea creator. In forexgenerator, I can import custom indicators (or code), but I need to specify the mode (i.e. line) that I wish to use. Using the indicator attached I couldn't work out which was which (or indeed if it was possible).

I have looked around to try and find the author of this indicator with no success.

If you can do anything with this, I would be really grateful, or if this indicator isn't suitable, I can find another.

many thanks

The above indicator "Support and Resistance # TLB OC v02" is actually pretty decent. For sometime now I had only the ex4 version, and had no idea where I found it during my coffee infused google searches.

It draws the lines on either the close of the candle and not the highest/lowest wick if I remember?

Reason: