Jurik TrendStrength Ea - page 13

pooh123:
Hi MrTools, I tried different settings and found that, at ts_mode=1 or 2 the EA didn't place orders. It only placed orders with tx_mode=0. Then I checked the codes and found the function TS_Trend uses iCustom on "rsx on jurik smooth". 4 parameters are used in iCustom. However, "rsx on jurik smooth" has 5 paramters. To my knowledge (which could be wrong), MT4 allows you to use less paramters in iCustom than the functions calls for, as long as the parameters you put there are in sequence. However, I found the 4 parameters there are not in sequence. So I added a 0 after TS_Price and compiled. Then I set ts_mode=1 and then the EA placed orders when I backtested it. It seems that you don't have this problem with the EA. Maybe it's because my version of MT4 is too old. I use this platoform for backtesting only and never upgrade it.

Hi Pooh123,

The 0 needs to be before TS_Price like this

iCustom(Symbol(),TS_TimeFrame,"rsx on jurik smooth",0,TS_Price,TS_RsxLength,TS_SmoothPhase,TS_SmoothDouble,0,TS_CurBar);

Have no idea why it is working as is on my testing and not yours, anyway sorry for this. Going to put the 0 in all the indicator calls then test if no problems will post corrected version.

This is corrected version, hopefully will get this into my too hard head how the mtf needs to be coded. Also this Ea is using a different version of AbsoluteStrength which is needed in this version.

Files:

mrtools:
This is corrected version, hopefully will get this into my too hard head how the mtf needs to be coded. Also this Ea is using a different version of AbsoluteStrength which is needed in this version.

Thank you MrTools for the update. Will test this.

pooh

mrtools:

Hi MrTools,

Just tested this version and it works. It places orders with TS_Mode=1. Just that I tried various settings but haven't found one that is profitable in backtest. Can you please provide the setting that is profitable ? The curve you attached for JTS looks pretty good. Hope JTS-1 can achieve the same nice curve.

Thanks,

pooh

pooh123:
Hi MrTools,

Just tested this version and it works. It places orders with TS_Mode=1. Just that I tried various settings but haven't found one that is profitable in backtest. Can you please provide the setting that is profitable ? The curve you attached for JTS looks pretty good. Hope JTS-1 can achieve the same nice curve.

Thanks,

pooh

Hi Pooh,

Will see what I can do, weird that I didn't have any problems back or fwd testing. But as far as back testing will have to be sometime this weekend after the market is closed.

ps)this is 3 trades it took sometime today was kinda disturbed when i saw all buys, but looks like its got some locked in profit.

Files:
jts_buys.gif  41 kb

where are the indicators?

Can not find rsx on jurick smooth.exe or volty channel stop on jurick-for ea.exe so ea will not run. Please advise.

eric gellasch:
Can not find rsx on jurick smooth.exe or volty channel stop on jurick-for ea.exe so ea will not run. Please advise.

Hi Eric,

Sorry for the confusion the indicators are here in the rar file

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180403 post #115

ps) also don't forget the absolute strength indicator from this page post #123

Hi people.. by now what is the best pair and Timeframe for this EA ?

I'm newbie here but I would like to give my 2 cents.. We could try to estabilish a standard to post the EA's and the various versions, this way would be easier to people understand how to test it. We could post all versions updating only the first post with the files... and update also the instructions of the best pairs and timeframes.

I know this EA's are in development and we have too many updates, so.. would be great if we organize it in some way.

This EA looks great, congratulations for the mrtools and the people giving opnions.

Good luck

felipebr:
Hi people.. by now what is the best pair and Timeframe for this EA ?

I'm newbie here but I would like to give my 2 cents.. We could try to estabilish a standard to post the EA's and the various versions, this way would be easier to people understand how to test it. We could post all versions updating only the first post with the files... and update also the instructions of the best pairs and timeframes.

I know this EA's are in development and we have too many updates, so.. would be great if we organize it in some way.

This EA looks great, congratulations for the mrtools and the people giving opnions.

Good luck

Thanks for your ideas Felipebr, will see what we can do, my testing worked best on M15 timeframe on the majors.

Hi mrtools,

I am tesing JTS-1 ea, so what are the time parameters you recommended for GMT 0 borker?

Thanks

Reason: