Trading Like Kids ... - page 3

Dawns_Mist:
Without any fatigue or philosophy .. upload the indicator attached & set up it on any pair on the same settings , open 5M chart and do exactly what this indicator say ... Waiting your view ....

Thank you, looks very interesting. I have downloaded and will be testing it.

hello all!

i like the indicator! i have noticed that without changing the settings on the indicator, when u put it on the 5 min chart, the signals that it gives are not true. the actual time that the arrow appears is 12 "5 min candles" after the arrow appears since the settings are for the 1 hr time frame assuming you dont change them.

in order to get the actual signals the indicator gives you need to change the settings to the actual time frame that you are using.

basically its mtf indicator

the indicator still looks pretty good though....

cheers!

brgolfer:
hello all! i like the indicator! i have noticed that without changing the settings on the indicator, when u put it on the 5 min chart, the signals that it gives are not true. the actual time that the arrow appears is 12 "5 min candles" after the arrow appears since the settings are for the 1 hr time frame assuming you dont change them. in order to get the actual signals the indicator gives you need to change the settings to the actual time frame that you are using. basically its mtf indicator the indicator still looks pretty good though.... cheers!

Firstly i want to thank you very much due to your effort , interest and encouragement .
But i want you to explain the point which talking about that the indicator signals with defult settings on 5M is not true .. do you maen that the signal may be repaint ?? or do you mean that the signal appear later ??
Please explain your notice again ...

Thank you for the indicator,

I put it on 5m chart and use 15m on the indicator (less busy) and combine with another indicator "center of gravity" to determine only sell on downtrend I've find it pretty good, but there is one issue is I can't sit in front of the monitor all day along, can someone please put an audio alert when the arrow comes up?

Thanks again

Files:

Dawns_Mist:
Firstly i want to thank you very much due to your effort , interest and encouragement .
But i want you to explain the point which talking about that the indicator signals with defult settings on 5M is not true .. do you maen that the signal may be repaint ?? or do you mean that the signal appear later ??
Please explain your notice again ...

Basically what I mean is that whatever time frame the indicator is set on, you have to wait until the candle closes on that time frame for it to not repaint.

example:

the indicator is set on 60 min time frame and u are using it on a 30 mtf. an arrow could appear at the close of the last 30 min candle, but since the indicator is set on the higher timeframe, the arrow on the 30 min chart is subject to repaint until the 60 min candle closes, thus you would have repainting. just make note of what setting the indicator is set on is all

happy trading!

the indicator looks very profitable if you use it on the 15mtf with 60mtf setting, then use 15 mtf with suppport/resistance indicator for entries and exits, in the direction of the indicator

i forgot in my earlier message, thx for the indi!

cheers!

brgolfer:
Basically what I mean is that whatever time frame the indicator is set on, you have to wait until the candle closes on that time frame for it to not repaint. example: the indicator is set on 60 min time frame and u are using it on a 30 mtf. an arrow could appear at the close of the last 30 min candle, but since the indicator is set on the higher timeframe, the arrow on the 30 min chart is subject to repaint until the 60 min candle closes, thus you would have repainting. just make note of what setting the indicator is set on is all happy trading!

Of course your logic .. but if the candle of 5:00 on 5M timeframe is closed , Does it not mean that the candle of 5:00 on 1H time frame closed already ?
i'm working on it .. if the signal appear on 5M timeframe but not on the clouser of the candle that complete the houre i ignor it .

brgolfer:
the indicator looks very profitable if you use it on the 15mtf with 60mtf setting, then use 15 mtf with suppport/resistance indicator for entries and exits, in the direction of the indicator i forgot in my earlier message, thx for the indi! cheers!

Thank you very much .. i'm very pleased that you liked the indicator .
And sure your idea is very good and i tested it before and found it very profitable .. i hope any programmer in the forum can work on expert for this indicator .

lgygt:
Thank you for the indicator, I put it on 5m chart and use 15m on the indicator (less busy) and combine with another indicator "center of gravity" to determine only sell on downtrend I've find it pretty good, but there is one issue is I can't sit in front of the monitor all day along, can someone please put an audio alert when the arrow comes up? Thanks again

Yeah .. this is the ideaes which i want to see .. very good lgygt , keep on and tell me the results .

good 1. any1've done the backtest for it?

Reason: