Jurik TrendStrength Ea - page 7

FXhelper:
after spending a day glued to the screen, here are my results, the robot is amazing, BUT,

I tested for 7 months between July until today, and found that 12 out of the 60 trades got into trouble ( were open for 6 days before they turned into profit)

some analysis showed that some whipsaws were 300 pips strong.

For the life of me I cant figure out how to put a hard stop loss on this puppy, as I would think 100 pips TS would be amazing.

any opinions?

Hi Fxhelper,

My first opinion back testing is only good for seeing if the Ea is working or not, other than that its not all that great especially if testing multiple timeframes, even with 99% modeling quality. Second not really an opinion just letting you know that there is a couple of choices for trailing stop, in your external parameters you have: extern int TrailingMode = 2; // 0-off,1-standard,2-System by TE -so by default the Ea uses TE which is trend envelopes, 1= your standard trailing stop and 0 = no trailing stop. Been watching the trailing stop work on i minute timeframe so know it works, the standard trailing have not tested yet.

To me its best to put the Ea on a demo account for awhile to see how it works and to adjust it how it is needed, to suit your individual trading style.

mrtools:
Hi Fxhelper,

My first opinion back testing is only good for seeing if the Ea is working or not, other than that its not all that great especially if testing multiple timeframes, even with 99% modeling quality. Second not really an opinion just letting you know that there is a couple of choices for trailing stop, in your external parameters you have: extern int TrailingMode = 2; // 0-off,1-standard,2-System by TE -so by default the Ea uses TE which is trend envelopes, 1= your standard trailing stop and 0 = no trailing stop. Been watching the trailing stop work on i minute timeframe so know it works, the standard trailing have not tested yet.

To me its best to put the Ea on a demo account for awhile to see how it works and to adjust it how it is needed, to suit your individual trading style.

Hi Mr Tools,

I'm getting this error in backtesting:

2012.02.13 21:04:26 2012.02.08 20:00 jurik STC nrp EURUSDm,H4: negative argument for MathSqrt function

mycobragoesfastr:
Hi Mr Tools,

I'm getting this error in backtesting:

2012.02.13 21:04:26 2012.02.08 20:00 jurik STC nrp EURUSDm,H4: negative argument for MathSqrt function

Hi Mycobragoesfastr,

Thanks, please try this version and replace jurikAddsignal_v1 and jurik STC nrp, with these 2 I'm posting now, also please use this Ea instead. Should be fine now.

Hi Mr Tools,

I tried backtesting v2a, v2.1 and v2.2 and got error message: not enough memory for custom indicator xxxxxx cannot allocate xxxxx bytes of memory. I also started forward testing v2.2 and it opened trades without problem. Is this one of those EA's that can't be backtested ?

pooh123:
Hi Mr Tools, I tried backtesting v2a, v2.1 and v2.2 and got error message: not enough memory for custom indicator xxxxxx cannot allocate xxxxx bytes of memory. I also started forward testing v2.2 and it opened trades without problem. Is this one of those EA's that can't be backtested ?

Hi Pooh,

Should be able to back test, did it say which indicator was causing the problem?As far as opening trades been the same here no problem opening trades.

Hi Mr Tools,

It said not enough memory for custom indicator Volty Channel Stop and Trend Strength on Jurik for ea.

pooh123:
Hi Mr Tools, It said not enough memory for custom indicator Volty Channel Stop and Trend Strength on Jurik for ea.

Hi Pooh123,

Thanks,Are you having the same error using Ea version 2.3?

pooh123:
Hi Mr Tools, I tried backtesting v2a, v2.1 and v2.2 and got error message: not enough memory for custom indicator xxxxxx cannot allocate xxxxx bytes of memory. I also started forward testing v2.2 and it opened trades without problem. Is this one of those EA's that can't be backtested ?

To Pooh and the rest of you testing found a problem with how the iCustom calls were being done was causing a sort of extra memory usage, and as time would go on at least with my lap top started acting sluggish, didn't think of it being the Ea till Pooh brought up the issue. Anyway another Version now 2.3, it seems better as far as not dragging down the computer, and i apologize for the inconvience caused and thanks for everyones testing.

Hi Mr Tools,

The error message I got was for v2.2 and earlier versions. I had not noticed v2.3 when I submitted the last post. I'll try v2.3 later today and let you know the result.

Hi Mr Tools,

Just tried backtesting v2.3 and still got the error message with not enough memory. Please find attached the screenshot. If it's not easy to fix then don't worry about it. I haven't forward tested v2.3 yet but at least v2.2 opens trades without problem during forward testing.

Reason: