The Reverse _Tunnel - page 2

Many thanks IamTHAT

this is what im looking for :-)

But i need something more simple without stochs... just MA and price action can you help me?

HugoGon:
Many thanks IamTHAT

this is what im looking for :-)

But i need something more simple without stochs... just MA and price action can you help me?

There is no STOCH in it, purely MA. Ignore all stoch settings and better that you open it and study the inner working of this EA. Meanwhile let me see what I can do with it.

Are you martingaling or cost averaging?

HugoCon,

Just to clarify your system, when you say:

"Sell 1 Lot @ 10, 2 Lots @ 20 ....

Buy 1 Lot @ -10, 2 Lots @ -20 ...."

Are you doubling at each interval or adding one more unit at each interval?

For example, @ 30 would you then sell 4 lots (martingale) or sell 3 lots (cost averaging)?

Thanks!

Hi Islandtrader41,

IMHO it does not matter from the system point of view which method you use. Because say when price rises you enter a series of shorts, and you do not exit at the peak (with loss) you wait till the price returns down for the profit. The amount of lots opened does not play a role in how much you win.

Of course you have to pay attention to margin, and to stay away from news.

That's all I suppose

Cheers

Herty

islandtrader41:
HugoCon,

Just to clarify your system, when you say:

"Sell 1 Lot @ 10, 2 Lots @ 20 ....

Buy 1 Lot @ -10, 2 Lots @ -20 ...."

Are you doubling at each interval or adding one more unit at each interval?

For example, @ 30 would you then sell 4 lots (martingale) or sell 3 lots (cost averaging)?

Thanks!

Hello!

Well i double each time in a new level..., the more important is to open accordingly to your bank account not leaving without margin @ the last level

The problem is......as price moves against us, so does the MA. So of course eventually price will come back to the MA. But if there's been much of a movement against us, even touching the MA will be a loss. I don't get it.

piptaker:
The problem is......as price moves against us, so does the MA. So of course eventually price will come back to the MA. But if there's been much of a movement against us, even touching the MA will be a loss. I don't get it.

HugoGon,

I agree with what piptaker has posted above and am asking for some clarification of your method.

I have attached a screenshot of exactly what piptaker is refering to above. I am not familiar with how to mark up this photo but belive I can explain what I am seeing.

Youll notice in the photo at the bottom left of the chart the price touches the first +10 line for the first sell at a price of approximately .8097, +20 at about .8118, +30 at about.8130, +40 at about .8148, +50 at about .8160, +60 at about 8175.

Price finally returns to the 610sma at a price of about .8183 near the right side of the chart.

If we were to martingale each sell and close all orders at a price of about .8183, I am showing that we would have a loss in the area of about -820 pips.

Big picture, we kept selling and doubling lots as price went up. By the time price finally came back to the 610 sma, only the last sell would have made positive pips and nowhere near enough pips to cover the loss of the previous six orders.

Can you confirm my thought process on this or help us understand what we are not understanding?

Thank you!

Files:

HugoGon:
Hi everyone, last 3 years and always in profit...

LOL ! ! !

What a joke !

Hi everyone,

last 3 years and always in profit...

LOL ! ! !

What a joke !

islandtrader41:
HugoGon,

I agree with what piptaker has posted above and am asking for some clarification of your method.

I have attached a screenshot of exactly what piptaker is refering to above. I am not familiar with how to mark up this photo but belive I can explain what I am seeing.

Youll notice in the photo at the bottom left of the chart the price touches the first +10 line for the first sell at a price of approximately .8097, +20 at about .8118, +30 at about.8130, +40 at about .8148, +50 at about .8160, +60 at about 8175.

Price finally returns to the 610sma at a price of about .8183 near the right side of the chart.

If we were to martingale each sell and close all orders at a price of about .8183, I am showing that we would have a loss in the area of about -820 pips.

Big picture, we kept selling and doubling lots as price went up. By the time price finally came back to the 610 sma, only the last sell would have made positive pips and nowhere near enough pips to cover the loss of the previous six orders.

Can you confirm my thought process on this or help us understand what we are not understanding?

Thank you!

Hello!

This system as prove to be great in EURUSD, GBP/USD and USDJPY as i said in the initial post, we need volatility... try to do the same in this crosses....

Reason: