Recommended Hardware For MT4 ?

I'm running into a few problems with MT4 that might be due to hardware limitations.

I want to run a maximum of around 80 EA's, across various pairs and timeframes with each EA responsible for handling a maximum of around 15 simultaneous trades at peak load.

Any suggestions how best to handle this, e.g. how many instances of MT per server, and how many EA's per instance etc.

zupcon:
I'm running into a few problems with MT4 that might be due to hardware limitations.

I want to run a maximum of around 80 EA's, across various pairs and timeframes with each EA responsible for handling a maximum of around 15 simultaneous trades at peak load.

Any suggestions how best to handle this, e.g. how many instances of MT per server, and how many EA's per instance etc.

Which Windows are u using?

How big is your memory?

Procesor, etc..

Bongo:
Which Windows are u using?

How big is your memory?

Procesor, etc..

I've got stuff running on a whole bunch of different machines, a couple of newish dell poweredge rack mounted servers, a couple of old compaq servers running windows server 2008, and a couple of desktops running vista.

I'm looking for advice from anyone who's running multiple instances of MT4, I never know if I'm better off running lots of instances of simple EA's that manage relatively few trades, or fewer instances of more complex EA's that manage more trades

Anyone done any research on this ?

For using multiple instances of metatrader 5 and new metatrader 4 : Cray XE6 and Cray XE6m Supercomputers

PS: don't move the mouse on charts too much. Not even these computers can handle the CPUs overload metatrader does then

techmac:
For using multiple instances of metatrader 5 and new metatrader 4 : Cray XE6 and Cray XE6m Supercomputers PS: don't move the mouse on charts too much. Not even these computers can handle the CPUs overload metatrader does then

All it needs is a power plant in the back yard :):)

mladen:
All it needs is a power plant in the back yard :):)

A nuclear power plant? Or a "green" one?

TFT screen

I recently bought a tft screen to connect on my laptop (because the screen is to small), does anyone have suggestions how i can watch the tick chart on the tft screen and on my laptop the mt4.

Or the most practical solustion.

pipsintheair:
I recently bought a tft screen to connect on my laptop (because the screen is to small), does anyone have suggestions how i can watch the tick chart on the tft screen and on my laptop the mt4. Or the most practical solustion.

Just drag and drop whereever you want.

how many ea's?

how many tf's?

pairs should be always fixed across all ea+tf kombination regardless of result.

also you should export all possible data into csv-> import mysql->php or csv->php.

you have to do N(tf):N(ea) combinations to get the whole and complete data for the max view.

a friend of mine, doing the same, but he uses only 1! tf and he runs 3 quadcore servers, each with 32gb ram, hw raid10 for performance, each server hosts 16vps, each with 1600mb ram and 5 mt4 apps per vps, all ea's compiled with metaeditor build 509 to get 50-90k ex4 files, sum 240 MT4.

cost: 3 servers each 2.5k$, power, 1 server consumes 50$/month, traffic 3 servers, 240 MT4 uses 3-4mbit permanent internet downstream.

this setup shows the whole view, attached a sample pic (snip) from his website (ixbone.com) adv/off. (sorry admins)

without 509 combiled ex4 you need 2-2,5gig ram per vps (5MT4) and max 10-14 vps per server, depending on ea source size!

(all tech infos from my buddy)

dont forget! forex changes daily, to get the hi, low and middle values/percentage, you must run your servers several years

Files:
master.png  113 kb

pipsintheair:
I recently bought a tft screen to connect on my laptop (because the screen is to small), does anyone have suggestions how i can watch the tick chart on the tft screen and on my laptop the mt4. Or the most practical solustion.

There are some scripts to disconect the chart from terminal and then you could drag your tick chart to one screen and keep the terminal on other screen (can not find the script now)

techmac:
There are some scripts to disconect the chart from terminal and then you could drag your tick chart to one screen and keep the terminal on other screen (can not find the script now)

You can use this : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Copy both files to scripts folder and use the undock chart script for each chart you wish to drag to some other screen. To re-dock it just click the re-dock button

Works with new builds too